• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Just got home from the hosptal . I had a gastric sleeve done .... Not feeling to well

jkids003

Hello My name is Jamie and I just got home from the hospital. I had a gastric band done 10 years ago but had it taken out in 2009 .. Gained 40 % of my weight back and decieded to go for the gastric Sleeve. I would love to see if other feel the same way I do.. Depression kicked in today because I feel like I made a wrong choice. I can't even eat a cup of Jello because I feel like Im going to throw up. I also get a pain when I drink liquids... Did any of you experience this ?

Jamie
I have the sleeve so I can say that you need to give your body a chance to heal. If I could eat 2 bites of a Popsicle after my surgery it was a good thing. I don't remember how long it took me to be able to eat a cup of anything. Even now when I eat or drink too fast I will get pain, but it is not unbearable and it does not last long. Just remember that it will not last forever. Hopefully you will find yourself in a better place soon. We did not get into the shape we are in over night and we cannot get out of it that quickly either.

you'll survive. don't drink while eating, take your time. small tiny amounts chew, darling, chew. Pudding and Protein drinks are your best friend.

best wishes

You will survive. Super small amounts, eat slowly take lots of time, chew, baby, chew. No drinking while eating, pudding and protein drinks are your best friends.

best wishes

Did they not give you pain medication and anti-nausea medication when you were released?? If not, ask for them!! I didn't need the pain medication much. I tried to walk as much as possible around my house and I think that helped. The medication for nausea I used while my sleeve was getting used to water and broth. It really helped me! Good luck!

Back