• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

just joined the support group . I'm still on the journey to get all my clearances for surgery .

Hello Gina, welcome to your group. We are so happy to have you here. What is your target weight goal? Do you have comorbidities from obesity? Why did you choose the sleeve instead of RYGB? How do you keep yourself sane driving a bus load of kids around?

Welcome, Gina. My name is Roseanne and I am the "old lady" of the group!! I am 70 years old and am scheduled for sleeve surgery two weeks from today, August 17. In fact, I can't believe that I'll be on the other side of the mountain in two weeks. I was originally scheduled for March 18 and was cancelled due to the pandemic. I am in NJ, which was hit very heavy. The people on this board are very open about their experiences and share them with us. I'm sure that you'll find a ton of information while reading different posts. Good luck with your journey.

i have sleep apnea and reflux and anemia and I also gound out thru the blood work that my thyroid isn't working right . so i need to go see family doctor to talk about that. i talked to the doctor who will be doing the surgery and we discussed both the sleeve and the bypass and I ultimately chose the sleeve. As to the bus driver question taking one day at a time each day is different .

Welcome Dani and Shicktey. This group is truly amazing. I’m fairly new too but I love it. They are all very supportive and motivating. I just got my Gastric bypass surgery two weeks ago. Basically that was what my surgeon recommended for me and I just went along. I’m 48, diabetic with high blood pressure and a mom of two young men. I’m a bilingual teacher for grades K-4th grade.

Lulu, you're going to be really happy that you had the RYGB eventually. Nothing against the sleeve, but RYGB is a true bypass and does not remove your stomach. That helps your body to continue to make hormones that your stomach secretes.

Welcome
I’m new as well. I have my consultation appointment on the 14th. I’m super excited and can’t wait to start my journey as well.
Welcome Dani. I think I missed saying that when you join the group. We will answer every question that we are capable of answering and give you every bit of support you need. We don't give medical advice, however because that is what your doctor is for. However we are happy to share our medical experiences and you can figure out whether or not they seem to fit yours.

Back