• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

just saying hi

christine thompson

Hi 4 months out of surgery and loss 64lb. It has not been an easy start. Became really dehydrated in 1st month and developed costalcondritis the 3rd month. I am slowly getting through exercising now with less flare ups. I attend the support groups offered by hospital. Wanted to know if anyone feels that weight loss has been a little slower than you anticipated?

Hi 4 months out of surgery and loss 64lb. It has not been an easy start. Became really dehydrated in 1st month and developed costalcondritis the 3rd month. I am slowly getting through exercising now with less flare ups. I attend the support groups offered by hospital. Wanted to know if anyone feels that weight loss has been a little slower than you anticipated?
Yes I had my surgery 5-2-17. I've lost 69 lbs sense 1-27-17. I only have about 30 more to lose. I also lost 58 lbs before I started the weight loss program. So I'm in the same boat. But I'm also losing in inches. So hang in there.

Yes I had my surgery 5-2-17. I've lost 69 lbs sense 1-27-17. I only have about 30 more to lose. I also lost 58 lbs before I started the weight loss program. So I'm in the same boat. But I'm also losing in inches. So hang in there.[/QUOTE
Welcome! Sound a bit rough, I hope you heal and move past the issues your having soon!
Thanks. It was a little rough, but always getting better.

Yes I had my surgery 5-2-17. I've lost 69 lbs sense 1-27-17. I only have about 30 more to lose. I also lost 58 lbs before I started the weight loss program. So I'm in the same boat. But I'm also losing in inches. So hang in there.
Hey thanks for the encouragment. Can always use kind words. Congratulation on your success. Keep up the good work.

Back