• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Keto Muffins

Hello All, I have a Keto cookbook and I like the muffin recipes. Do you think it is okay to incorporate them into your diet? It's like almond flour, eggs, cream cheese, splenda, and blueberries. As long as you don't overeat I would imagine. Opinions? Thanks
That sounds like a wonderful recipe, low in sugar and carbs. I would think you could eat that with a big smile for finding something so yummy and moderate in calories, etc. Good for you. In fact, I figure much of the Keto-friendly foods go hand in hand with bariatric eating.

Keto Muffin Recipe
3 large eggs
1 cup superfine blanched almond flour
1/3 cup heavy cream (I use cream cheese)
1/3 cup Swerve granulated sweetener
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (I don't use coconut at all, not a fan)
1/4 cup coconut oil or unsalted butter (1/2 stick), melted (I use butter)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon almond extract (I use vanilla)
1/4 cup blueberries or raspberries, or whatever you like
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. I use silicone muffin cups because the muffins really release better. Using paper cups they would stick! Combine eggs, almond flour, cream (or cream cheese), and extract. Blend until light and frothy. Pour the mixture into a medium bowl and gently stir in the blueberries. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool on wire rack before unmolding.
I like these muffins! Enjoy

Keto Muffin Recipe
3 large eggs
1 cup superfine blanched almond flour
1/3 cup heavy cream (I use cream cheese)
1/3 cup Swerve granulated sweetener
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (I don't use coconut at all, not a fan)
1/4 cup coconut oil or unsalted butter (1/2 stick), melted (I use butter)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon almond extract (I use vanilla)
1/4 cup blueberries or raspberries, or whatever you like
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. I use silicone muffin cups because the muffins really release better. Using paper cups they would stick! Combine eggs, almond flour, cream (or cream cheese), and extract. Blend until light and frothy. Pour the mixture into a medium bowl and gently stir in the blueberries. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool on wire rack before unmolding.
I like these muffins! Enjoy
Finally something without bananas. lol

Back