• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Let down

Bill S.

So I have seen every picture that was nominal for best picture except little Women and Parasite which I have no interest at all of seeing which won best picture. Was rooting for Once Upon aTime in Hollywood or JoJo Rabbit. So what a let down . Scarlett Johansson didn’t win either but Brad Pitt won so I was happy for that. The Oscars itself needed a host , Billie Elish can’t sing , the funniest were Will Farrell and Julia Dreyfus otherwise it was a bore and Joaquin Phoenix what was that all about in his acceptance speech for best actor ? It was all over the place just mumbling along . I thought he was a good Joker but the movies itself sucked . I don’t care what everyone says but Parasite again what a let down. Maybe it’s good but I bet the other movies were better. That’s all I have to say.

Now this part I understood and made me like him a life more
85D1BA7A-285E-4495-8BBF-C2FA83A690DC.jpeg

Scarlett Johansson didn’t win either
SAD for ya Bill, I watched Ford V Ferrari again while the Oscars aired. They're meaningless, completely detached from the original principles of the awards and blown up into a big wasteful stupid fashion show, movie stars wasting money & human resources on expensive clothes and makeup & limousines, then trying to take some holy position on the state of the world. Hypocrites. So why the hell do we love movies so much? I read the results as the show was going on, streaming some protest site that had been set up to feature the women the academy voters didn't even think about.

But Scarlett was gorgeous, according to this photo i picked up from Instagram:

It was mind-boggling that she didn't win anything, considering all the awards chatter predicting she was in.

I haven't seen many of the movies that were nominated but just based on plot, i can't figure out why they won.. i especially don't need to see any more movies about horrible things happening to people, or movies that capitalize on someone else's fame and talent.

Yeah the whole show just sucked even if everyone won that I wanted to win .I say it still needs a host Not a Billy Crystal fan but he’s a good host at least. And Scarlett she might not of won anything but she did win for the best dress . That’s all I keep reading and seeing pictures of I thought she was hot! So now I’m off to the movies to see a Birds of Prey hope it’s good got mixed reviews

the show is constantly being changed, and that's not what's needed. a clear criteria for people who have the power to decide needs to be set up and people need to follow them. The Oscars are not about popularity. they are about celebrating the contribution of every worker, from actress to gaffer. there is no other awards body that can do this, because all the guilds and unions and crew are included. The other awards are just popularity contest, and that's an exercise of immaturity.

Parasite won because it had a huge marketing team behind it who schmoozed with every member of AMPAS, just like a lobbyist in DC. The election was bought just like Payola, just like the PutinComeytrump machine stole the presidency.

i lobbied for a boycott of the Oscars by all women, nominated or not, in protest of this warped principle. Women need to stay home. They do that once, there will never be another time they need to.

Just got done watching laundromat I didn’t like it
the laundromat F
Birds of Prey C- not bad but not good either it’s a man hater movie directed by a woman! Would I own it ? Probably
Tuesday I will be seeing The Rhythm Section at the movies also directed by a woman so I’ll give a review tomorrow

Last edited:
Back