• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Lets have your date.

Keith Wells

Bariatric Guru
Ok everyone what is your surgery date and if you all ready had it how much have you lost?

Mine is Feb 14th 2017

February 10th . Crazy scared now i have no idea why because Ive had much scarier surgeries before but for some reason im worried about dying and such.. weird i know but maybe its because i am older now. 38 im not a spring chicken anymore..

I'm sure things will be good for you... If your no spring chicken whats that make us 45 yr olds..... LOL I know ancient.....

February 10th . Crazy scared now i have no idea why because Ive had much scarier surgeries before but for some reason im worried about dying and such.. weird i know but maybe its because i am older now. 38 im not a spring chicken anymore..
I started to have the same doubts before my surgery. Keith and I both turned 45 this year on the same day. I think I'm going to start calling him my computer twin. Before surgery I had lost so much weight on the liquid diet (27lbs) I thought maybe I shouldn't go thru with the surgery. But I talked with some people and they reminded me that I had been on a liquid diet before and I had lost weight to start with, but it had started to slowly come back on. Not having a stomach always sending signals to eat more food will be easier to lose weight than fighting everyday not to take one more bite.

The first 4 days was the worst for me giving up caffeine. But, then my body felt better. Once I got a little bit of energy back it got easier. Sugar free Popsicles helped a lot. Little bit of texture. Some people love jello. Mostly know it will get better! Try hot chicken broth. With it being cold out it might help sooth.

Back