• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Liquid or powder multivitamin

Fosgate

I’m thinking I’m going to change up my bariatric multivitamin. After two years I’m still taking enough iron to kill a horse but my levels are still low, frequent diarrhea, gas regardless of what I eat, when, order I eat food, when I take in liquids etc. I told the doctor I’m going to try eating more iron rich foods namely, beef, broccoli, spinach, grits, chicken liver for Iron absorption. I also want to switch from my Bariatric Pal One with 45 or 60mg iron in it to either a liquid or powder. (I’ve tried chewables and found them pretty bad). Anyway, a couple articles I read suggested based on those symptoms to try another multivitamin in liquid or chewable form. Anyone have a liquid or powder they could recommend?

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Trader Joe's vitamins for women, and I think they also have a vitamin for men. I wouldn't usually plug a product without being paid, but TJ's vitamins and other supplements put my bloodwork right where it needed to be. If you don't have a TJ's near you, they are online,, and a lot of big ecommerce websites also sell them.

What is your doct saying about your iron levels? I personally think "bariatric" vitamins are a scam. I always say, Read the label. Look for the RDA. Notice how the vitamins and minerals apply to you. Get a full blood panel from your doctor in order to make an informed choice.

There's nothing more important to post-bariatric clients than making sure they're meeting necessary nutritional goals. And you simply cannot get enough from your diet.

I've mentioned Flintstones Chewables here before because if you compare nutritional information with other adult chewables, they are nearly identical. Like I said, I thought vitamins were a scam, and they often are, and I think bariatric vitamins may be the BIGGEST scam. I follow my bloodwork and adjust my supplement intakes based on science and my personal numbers.

Read the labels.

I’m thinking I’m going to change up my bariatric multivitamin. After two years I’m still taking enough iron to kill a horse but my levels are still low, frequent diarrhea, gas regardless of what I eat, when, order I eat food, when I take in liquids etc. I told the doctor I’m going to try eating more iron rich foods namely, beef, broccoli, spinach, grits, chicken liver for Iron absorption. I also want to switch from my Bariatric Pal One with 45 or 60mg iron in it to either a liquid or powder. (I’ve tried chewables and found them pretty bad). Anyway, a couple articles I read suggested based on those symptoms to try another multivitamin in liquid or chewable form. Anyone have a liquid or powder they could recommend?
I use a powdered multi vit, Tespo. I ordered it online and it was approved by my bariatric program. It's a tiny bit of powder that I mix with a tiny bit of applesauce. Tastes nasty but gets the job done. I supplement with an iron tab, D3 and Super B12. I also use calcium melts.

Oh, I take a biotin supplement too.

Back