• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Local Support Groups

Kevin

Staff member
If anyone has any Support Groups that they attend in-person please feel free to post the group meeting time & place in our Local Support section (that is only if your group is willing to take on new members). I know it's a pretty far stretch for someone to find a support group on here within driving distance to them, but if even 1 person finds a support group through this site then the Local Support section was a success. Thanks :p

If anyone has any Support Groups that they attend in-person please feel free to post the group meeting time & place in our Local Support section (that is only if your group is willing to take on new members). I know it's a pretty far stretch for someone to find a support group on here within driving distance to them, but if even 1 person finds a support group through this site then the Local Support section was a success. Thanks :p
Thank You Kevin
This is my first day on the site and it's really Great :cool:
Our support group meets in York Pa at the Vo-Tech High School Cafateria on the first Tuesday of every month at 7:00 PM-We also have a daytime meeting in room 188 at the Apple Hill Medical Center at 11:00 AM on the 3ed Thursday of every month-We have speakers in various diciplines at the evening meetings along with a Q & A session and the daytime meetings are open discussion-there are no meetings in July.
These meetings are open to anyone that is interested in information about Bariatric solutions to weight loss,pre and post op patients and family and friends-there in never a fee for any meeting.

hi Kevin
I've been trying to find people who live in Illinos Or Missouri who've had surgery at Barnes Jewish Hospital,(st.Louis mo.) I know they have a support group but I am trying to find one in Illinois, preferably Madison or St.Clair County, anyone out there whom belongs to a support group or if you've had your surgery at barnes please let me know. I have ? and haven't been able to get answers yet, but won't give up, I know I am not alone nor the only one with questions. Thanks for taking time to read my post and help me with my concerns, greatly appreciate your feedback.
Donna

I am looking for a support group in the San Fernando Valley, or the Conejo Valley, near LA. My surgery date is April 19th, and I have been told the best chance for on going success is to stay involved in the in person support groups. Any info would be appreciated!

I am looking for a support group in the San Fernando Valley, or the Conejo Valley, near LA. My surgery date is April 19th, and I have been told the best chance for on going success is to stay involved in the in person support groups. Any info would be appreciated!

Have you tried a google search of bariatric support groups or hospital in your area, Simi is a big town they should have something. I remeber when I was growing up down in So Cal Simi was such a small town I didn't even recognize it last time I went through there. Did you know they filmed Little House on the Prarrie out there. Good luck. :cool: Tom

Back