• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Long story sorry.

How were your protein brownies? If they were good, can you post the recipe? My mom loves brownies but I rarely make them because they are not healthy. I might feel better about it if at least she was getting some extra protein lol

I too watch the baking shows! And while I make some excellent cookies and muffins, I don't really love to bake. Which I guess is good, since so many baked goods are empty calories

Thank you ange6012. Yes I am keeping busy. Lock smith was here to fix the gun safe the code on garage door and tightened the main door knobs which were stopping the house keys from working. The 2008 Harley sold with the side car. They went to a real good home. I used a big chunk of the sale to lower the car loan that I was going to be depending on from him. The 2003 Harley went to the shop to be serviced and made ready to ride, it is going to finally be turned over to the young man who paid for it ten years ago, this weekend. In the meantime my mower person kinda messed up and the city had a hissy fit over my other property grass being too tall. I miscommunicated to him, I didn’t mention it was a double lot and he didn’t mow around the building, Presently I am working to take out the excess overgrowth at the property. Spent 4 hours there today got a serious amount of brush removed. Kinda pinked the shoulders with my activities today. Don’t worry I have my Mary kay after sun moisturizer to help restore my skin. So tomorrow. I get to wear long sleeve shirt to cover the shoulders from future stupidness. in addition I will have 2 half gallon containers of tea and a gallon of sun tea to stay hydrated while working. I am happy to report I found a real handyman to help bring house up to running condition. He is also helping with the other property doing handyman stuff. He will be my safety net there. I have til Saturday to please the city. Afterwards he will start on the stuff at the house. First up will be grinding roots on tree cut down three years ago. so tired of tearing up lawn mower blades on those roots. Not so worried about the tree stump. I am getting new thermostats in kitchen and main bathroom plus new baseboard heaters. Going to replace the fifty year old attic fan which is on order Due to arrive by Memorial Day. Before working at other property, I started playing with a new yard toy called a thatcher, it removes the dead mulch under the weeds and grass. Actually it seems like it has taken out a lot of weeds leaving grass in the ground. Lots of bare spots where I played. I did one part of the parkway today along the pool fence line and filled three lawn bags. Still need to do area between house and pool yard, plus the pool yard the dog yard, the north side and west side of the house, in addition the rest of the parkways along east side and north side. Saving the grass/weeds in leaf bags to put in raised garden bed. Have to wait about 10 days for rain to put down grass seed where I thatched the yard. I also made a gallon of my pet friendly weed killer to spray along the fences. Recipe is one gallon vinegar, 1 cup salt and one tablespoon of dawn dish soap, mix put in spray container and go to town On weeds and fences. Very tired. Will update again soon. PS lost three pounds of gained weight this past week.

How were your protein brownies? If they were good, can you post the recipe? My mom loves brownies but I rarely make them because they are not healthy. I might feel better about it if at least she was getting some extra protein lol

I too watch the baking shows! And while I make some excellent cookies and muffins, I don't really love to bake. Which I guess is good, since so many baked goods are empty calories
First batch was good second batch came out oily. So I will hold off to see if third batch works out. My coconut cake on round 2 came out slightly dense. The ganache came out perfect. Taking a break for now. Will do something next rainy day.

How about a new update to my story. The city decided to give me crap on the rental property I bought on my son‘s input. it went down the garbage disposal after first renters, then city decided the plumbing was out of code, without the money to update the plumbing, the city condemned the property. I have kept it and paid the taxes in hopes the local hospital will move that far over. So I got a clean up order for the overgrown brush and trees where my yard workers failed to upkeep, and had to go to work. Also the local riff raff keep tearing down the boards to cover the doors and windows and violating the no trespassing signs. So they sent a letter on the 15 of May giving me 7 days to fix, received the letter on sat the 20 with only 2 days to complete. Of course what handyman is going to answer the phone on his days off for a customer he doesn’t know. And Monday the 22 was the day I was supposed to have finished. I called city inspector and raised issues with him telling him it was unrealistic. He gave me 7 days from sat when I got the letter to complete the work. So I grabbed my battery operated chain saw, battery operated pruners, gloves and 6 batteries. My handyman was not able to show until Thursday and we had to go buy all the wood, Thursday, ran out. Friday, ran out again, and Monday Memorial Day. Mis communication with handyman on the windows, he thought only the broken ones nd I needed all the windows covered. My bad. Thank goodness that holiday fell in there, The city offices were closed. It was Wednesday when the building met the city letter, but they didn’t give me grief since they could see progress. The time constraint put a lot of stress on me but I had a lot of practice removing unwanted trees from my pool yard for the last 10 years. I was putting in 6 and 8 hours days for nearly 10 days. A blessing did fall my way when a young man near my son’s age offered to help. Very much appreciated I don’t think I could have finished without his help. His birthday was saturday of memorial weekend. I bought him subway, his choice, and a t shirt beyond paying him for his work. I worked solo on Sunday and Monday. The young man came back on Wednesday by this time I was exhausted. I had dental appt so I gave him the tools to finish. It was so worth it. I gave him a pair of shorts that were husbands in his size that still had the tags on them, he loved them. I got all my tools back, and he showed me the local guy in town who sharpens knives and chainsaw blades. Happy dance. I spent Thursday in ER from exposure to poison ivy by my eyes. Got a shot in but and 15 days of steroids. 10 days left yet. friday went shopping, ran errands on Saturday picked up the motorcycle to take back to repair shop. It will be okay. Slept most of Sunday it was time to take care of me. Future plan is to tear building down and then donate the property to build homes for veterans after consulting my son, he is all for it.

today I played around my house, with the chainsaw and pruners. I got a lot of growth off the dog fence. Plus some tree stumps at the back of the house and more old growth off the back of the pool fence. After dark this evening. my yard worker from last 5 years showed up to clear the dog yard with the weed eater which I put off today. It was such a blessing. We made plans to continue on the stumps out back tomorrow and possibly putting the gate for pool yard up, which husband blocked for years. I am so excited. Handyman is due back to work on baseboard heaters, thermostats and (attic) house fan so cooler house for summer Sometime in midweek. Time to get some rest. Thanks for following my antics.
forgot put bra on that I bought last year barely worn it is too big around nd too big in cup size. Oh well.

Well over did my chores on Saturday. Got two stumps off the fence with battery operated shrub pruners and battery operated chain saw. Not only did I overdo but the pain in my lower back is terrible. Went to chir on Monday very small amount of relief. Steady meds of muscle relaxers on Sunday Monday and today, with Tylenol with codine. Still not much relief will head back to chiropracto again tomorrow. Thinking of finding deep tissue massage therapist. Been quite a while since I have been to one but knows it would probably work. The bright news is I found a handyman to help on projects he installed the second half of the wide gate to the pool yard, then he made bars across the bottom of the west side of the pool fence to doggy proof the pool yard. Overall that makes me happy. After back clears up I will stick to mowing, weed eating and blower/vac for a while. Clean up area behind shed to install the raised garden bed. No plants this year but hopefully next year. I have gotten my motorcycle up and running. In spite of back hurting I rode it home from the shop. The monument co called to report husband’s/stepson’s headstone was installed at the cemetery. So I made the decision to take an extended ride to see it. Well of course stuff happens, the bike fell off the pavement avoiding bird poops, when tire hit grass bike slid out from me. Have to love motorcycle rallies, especially the one where you learn how to pick up a dropped bike. No damage due to highway bar. I stood bike up to the stand in the grass. My son arrived to help and got the stand all the way under the bike for me. I got the bike home and in the garage with no further problems. My pride was hurt the most if husband was watching I am sure he had stuff to say. Talk to everyone soon. Thinking of meeting with dietician to make a log book that works with the bariatric food intakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the buyer for one motorcycle got the money, but I can’t find the folder with 3 certified death certificates and the two motorcycle titles. It also had the card for the better busine bureau number in it so I have been driving myself crazy looking for the folder waking up in the middle of the night to look some more. Went to state motor vehicle site and reported husband’s death with his birth certificate, the only certified copy of death certificate from my paperwork safe and his driver’s license. Should have title in two weeks. Then the money from the sale will straighten out a lot of other things that are on my mind, like the plumber Who’s fixing the shower faucet sink faucet with hose/sprayer so I stop flooding myself using the cookie sheets. And the small bathroom faucet. He has already removed the garbage disposal and fixed the small bathroom toilet with new insides. My missing yard worker just found out about husbands passing he came by today. We talked I told him what happened. He mowed the inside the fences and I took him to husbands grave. While he mowed I finally made the icing for a cake I made For Easter to take to his family ( now I have to make them a new cake) which I froze before frosting it. Was teaching myself how to make ganache like on the tv baking shows. based on school grades I give myself a b- since I still had unmelted pieces of chocolate in the ganache which is supposed to be smooth as silk. It still tasted good And spread well on the layers. The white icing was fluffy and smooth and the first time I ever made with egg whites. Then I gave most of the cake to my yard worker and his friends. It was such a joy to see them arguing over it and wanting to eat my goodies after husband would barely touch anything I made so stuff would go to waste. Husband did say I was a good cook but it becomes questionable when I have most of it not eaten.
son’s lady came by and in one hour what we got done still has me in wonder. We moved everything behind the door to put the room air conditioner/dehumidifier in a home place and made room in the laundry room for the plumber to work. Then we went through more paperwork and eliminated at least a half paper grocery bag full. Happy dance. Gave away another piece of cake to one of husbands former coworkers. I feel great About everything I have done so far except for misplacing that folder. Well just keeping you updated. Tomorrow is weed eating or flooring haven’t made up my mind yet. Be fun stay safe and tell a funny story and make someone smile. I did make me some protein brownies this evening. And the dishes are done.
You are the busiest person I have ever "read." I'll say it, it sounds like your husband was a pill. I've heard from other people that it's a double edged sword. They were a pill alive yet you still miss them. I'm not sure if that's how it is for you. Reading your posts it seems there were a lot of things that disappointed you and were hurtful. I know there is a lot of time that has passed since your post and I just now saw it so I hope things are going well.

You are the busiest person I have ever "read." I'll say it, it sounds like your husband was a pill. I've heard from other people that it's a double edged sword. They were a pill alive yet you still miss them. I'm not sure if that's how it is for you. Reading your posts it seems there were a lot of things that disappointed you and were hurtful. I know there is a lot of time that has passed since your post and I just now saw it so I hope things are going well.
Here I go with another long update. thank you I am doing well. Husband had his good points and in the beginning we had a lot good stuff. When he stopped working is when things started going downhill. I spent the last half of the marriage grieving what we lost when he stopped being a partner and stopped contributing to the marriage.
It has been a summer. Time to catch up. I have posted a little as the days go by Here and there. but after the last post June 21, I broke a crown, on June 29 I had a dental visit, the dentist removed the roots where the crown was. Was not prepared for the pain this time since back wasn’t fully recovered yet. Has to love antibiotics. I think pain tolerance goes down when you get older. July 3, I was baking some goodies and right side started hurting where I get kidney stones. tried to tough it out but after resting for three hours, the pain was not going away. Went to ER at 9 pm, after getting X-ray the dr and nurses were shocked I wasn’t complaining more than I was. I had an 11mm kidney stone at the scar tissue from a botched surgery in 1995. 11mm is considered a serious stone, at 11 pm I was admitted, this was new for me. I didn’t really eat with the pain since early afternoon on the 3rd, NPO started at midnight. Then waiting on July 4 for the procedure I felt like I was starving, dr came in at 6:00 pm to shatter the stone to help it pass. Dr put a stent in to help the ureter get better for 2 weeks. When I went to dr to get stent removed the NP couldn’t find the string to pull it out. So back to X-ray to see if stent was still in. Yes it was, string was up in the bladder. Next day went back to the dr, for him to use a scope/grabber to grab the string for the stent to come out. Really don’t like how stents feel coming out. The day after the stent came out I was finally feeling back to normal.
getting back to the home improvements. July 15 it was starting to get warmer/hot weather I put priority to get new house fan installed. The main handyman I hired was called out of town to assist with a family whose house caught fire. The young man who offered to help just passing by at the other property had stopped by to check in with me to see if I needed any help with anything. Told him I had the new house fan that needed installed. he contacted a friend of his who is more electrical than he is and the two of them installed the new house fan. the current house fan was the original from when the house being built in mid seventies, the new house fan was smaller in frame even though the fan blades were same size. they needed to build an extra frame to make it fit in the space. I had enough left over scrap wood from the pool deck that was last year’s project. Didn’t need to buy anything extra for the fan install. Happy dance. Had to save the louvres from old fan to use with new fan but I cleaned them up in the shower. Paid the young men and I could live with the summer heat and no a/c.
I became behind on yard work When I was down from the medical issues. Knew it was Gonna take time to bring everything back but I have done it Before I can do it again. I spend a lot of time mowing and weed trimming when I am on my own. Battery time for weed trimming is 30-45 min per battery ( have 6 ) which grows shorter as the trimmer gets heated as each battery is used. One battery is for the shrubber tool which is used on growth where the trimmer doesn’t get to. Last year I did invest in a 21 inch electric mover (it has self propel ) which runs for an hour if grass is not moist. Loses time if grass is moist and I have to clean out under the mower with putty scrapers to keep going. Good thing I have several putty scrapers. I still have the 14 inch mower but I get wore out with it even though it is lighter than the 21 inch. It is basically a two day to three day job with lots of breaks. And I do get side tracked along the way.
Next project, was replace the electric heater and thermostat (each room in house has it’s own individual heaters and thermostats.) in the main bathroom. The main handyman had returned by this time. Thank goodness. Still needs the kitchen heater and thermostat replaced but since weather is nice, will save that for a rainy day.
Funny thing going on, I have a beautiful motorcycle, but I am so busy with projects and helping my chosen son/wife and best friend with running errands, shopping and laundry mat, that I haven’t had time to even take a ride. Wait forgot about round trip to Indiana when chosen daughter in law‘s grandfather was admitted to hospital. Oh well maybe tomorrow Or the next day.
Back home getting back on task. First fence project is the two gates to pool yard. Husband put in one gate properly like 10 years ago and never went back to install post for the other gate half. anytime I mentioned it …he said it was too complicated to do. When I showed the handyman he said yes it can be fixed. I knew it husband was buffaloing me. I am happy the gates are finally fully installed. The second task for the pool yard is repairing the west fence from the original yard worker who cut the fence in the south west corner to move chain link to the inside of the yard On the poles. I admit I didn’t pay enough attention to the work. Plus the original worker paid too much attention to husbands ideas than mine. In the meantime the current handyman studied the problem and we talked extensively on how to get the fence dog safe. Several trips to the hardware store for parts and siphoning excess chain link panel section from main house/dog yard fence, I am happy to say, the pool yard is dog friendly safe, escape free.
While working in the pool yard there was a wind storm on a Saturday that picked up the empty pool and frame one day and put it on the pool east fence. Son and his new wife came by to check on me the next day. They were in town to pick up stuff from old place to move to their new place. They helped me get pool off fence. One of the 12 ft frame pieces is bent. That will be next years project get new frame piece. Not sure if the liner survived either that is like I say next year. It looks so sad. Oh well.
Originally there was only a 2 ft high fence from the corner of the house to the corner of the intersection, which was installed by previous owner after someone jumped intersection and hit the northwest corner of the house. My previous handyman of four years installed the 4 foot fence to the 2 foot fence which created a two inch gap between the fences that caused a lot of unwanted weeds and tree growth. I complained and complained for years but never got any results. The young man who installed the attic/house fan stopped by on Sunday when the main handyman is home with his lady, and I paid him to help pull the 2 ft fence out. I nearly cried with happy tears. Even though I still needed to remove growth connecting the two fences. I have fun tools, I can do this, and I plan on not putting my back out over it.
the young man who stop by on sundays also did a big job for me. I had a maple tree cut down three years ago from the northwest corner of the house after it was being trimmed. The tree was infected with carpenter ants. The stump is still there and so are some roots that keep beating up my lawn mower. This young man very cleverly took out many of the irritating roots killing my mower blades. It was another project on my list of things to do.
Once the fences were done it was time to put the landscape pavers along the house/dog fence to keep dogs from digging their way under the fence to catch a ground hog. My neighbor gave me a bunch that looked like the ones I had on half of the fence Already. I discovered that hers were bigger than mine no real biggie since there is a 20 ft high blue spruce separating all the pavers, I had to buy 30 more to finish the other section of fence. I cut and put down landscape fabric under all the pavers. It looks so finished.
It has been a summer of adventure. I have made new friends and gotten a lot of things done but there is still more. I did meet with the dietician for a new log book. And she gave me a site for protein foods to replace the protein bars which she says are not helping me Even if it helps me reach the 100 gr protein I need. It has taken time but I finally have my milk issue resolved. I am using chocolate and vanilla protein shakes to make protein sugar free pudding. Cheesecake white chocolate and pistachio flavors Plus regular chocolate. Second is I am freezing the yoplait whip yogurt to satisfy my ice cream fix. The dietician gave me a site to check out called bariatricfoodcoachme.com to check out for portions and recipes. The author is step something. I made recipe cards and I spent two weeks prepping stuff to be cooked for meals. Burger chicken pork chops and breakfast quesadillas plus cheesy roll ups. Been so hot I haven’t really wanted to cook yet. I will get there. I have a lot meals just one portion at a time. Yeah.
Invested in low price (under 100.00) power washer to clean north side of house. At the same time I picked up a saber saw and small circular saw. The saber saw works great on tree stumps and roots. The circular saw is for the flooring tiles. My son told his wife that when I die he is getting all my fun tools. Last really hot day was Tuesday and that is when the north side of the house got cleaned. My shopping buddy helped, the handyman fell off 6 ft ladder and ended up having emergency surgery on his back On Monday. I am on my own for now, mostly.
when you feel like life is going your way and you are feeling like life is good. Sooner or later an evil monkey is going to throw a wrench in the mix. This project started in mid July. This was my washing machine. I got impatient and tossed a couple of rugs in it. It clogged it to where it wouldnt drain or spin. Found an appliance repairman, he stopped by said he needed to order a tool and for over a month I heard nothing. I broke down and replaced the washer. Before the new washer was delivered I decided to put new flooring tiles that match the new flooring in the kitchen. I put the tiles/planks down for under the washer, I did it. I did put the hoses on like the handyman told me after taking out the old washer but I did not tighten the hoses up. The main handyman installed replacement faucets since one was leaking and I had fun installing the hoses to the washer but not the faucets. The delivery guys couldn’t install the hoses since I didn’t buy new water hoses. So after the handyman finished I started the washer we saw no leaks on the faucets, he was finished and went home while I took my other friend shopping as planned. I came home to find the hoses on the washer did not get checked which made a puddle on and under the new floor tiles. Oopps…. Since I was changing to a top load washer I decided to send my old dryer that still works great, to my chosen daughter in law( she has no working dryer). I have a second dryer that stacked with broken down washer that was never hooked up. The hook ups were on the opposite wall. Since the dryer doesn’t stack on this washer I decided to use it after giving the old dryer away. I have been getting the new dryer vent and hose from dryer to wall vent and laying down more of the floor tiles. Which is my current project.
The other news is the dogs. In June they caught a cat in their yard, they played tug of war with it. The cat didn’t make it. In July the tangled with a ground hog, but I didn’t learn what they tangled with until my son came that day and helped take the pool off the fence. I did know that Lolly had some scratches on one of her front legs which I cleaned very thoroughly. They saw the dogs chase the ground hog from under the deck. In august after the pool yard was finished they caught a squirrel while I was working on the pavers. I came to get them to take them in the house and there is Lolly carrying a squirrel body around. Yeah they caught a squirrel and it was very dead. For two to three weeks I have been treating the dogs, the yard and house for fleas. Dog baths 4 guaranteed, flea collars, not working, over the counter meds( they worked but for only a day or two) six doses three each. The dogs know their territory for sure.
I finally got the motorcycle out today and rode it to the dentist for my teeth cleaning. I made four stops after the dentist before coming home. I feel accomplished.
So after I get the dryer/flooring straightened out ….the next projects are power wash the deck and ramp to the front door and then put new coat of stain deck, also put concrete blocks under deck to keep dogs from getting hurt. Put white lattice to hide the concrete blocks. The last outdoor project is to replace the garage weather stripping on the door before it ruins the garage door opener. After that it will be inside projects as the weather won’t be as much fun. This post is not only for you as it is a journal history of things for me to reflect on too.

I am overdue to give an update again. Health wise I am doing good. No rushes to doctor for any reason. diet is doing much better now that I have got the milk products in place, except since Thanksgiving I haven’t been making my pudding cups like I should. I actually bought 2 pair of size 16 jeans, that is another size down from the last 2 pair I bought. I didn’t have enough cold weather pants. A gentleman from my past, before husband, stopped by and we have restarted our relationship. He has been so fun to spend time with. Lots of laughter and joking around and watching some tv. No we are not living together but we do see each other twice a week Also we text or talk on the phone in between.
My chosen son Tony and his wife have been battling a bed bug infestation and between helping them I am trying to be preventative for myself, in addition to my projects. It keeps me on my toes for sure. We were going to go to California after his second daughter’s baby was born was due dec 6 but arrive the day before thanksgiving. A little girl. Trip got cancelled for Terminex treatment instead.
I did finish the staining of the deck and ramp before the weather went cold. I added stair treads to the ramp to alleviate slipping when it gets wet or icy. I also put the weather stripping on the sides of the garage door. Amazing the difference it makes, no more door catching or motor grinding, the door goes up and down so smoothly. You tube videos rock for helpful instructions. Let the handyman replace the outside porch light ( I screwed up and didn’t get solar motion activated light opps) (plus the light was falling apart from the cat that the dogs played tug of war with) and replaced the main doorbell that husband disconnected when it got stuck on a freezing day, about 5 - 10 years ago, that also never got reconnected. I designed a shelving unit to hold my yard tool batteries and chargers. My handyman built it out of scraps I had under the pool deck. I did get it painted and have found the perfect place in the laundry room for it. The last outside project was to make a 9 cube appliance shelf. The depth is 15 inches the width of each cube is 18 inches and the height is 16 inches. Overall the shelf is 50 inches tall and 54 inches wide. The lumber store cut two sheets of 1/2 inch plywood at 15 inches, which made it easier to load in the car and bring home. I used L brackets to hold dividers as I built each level of shelf. I had six cubes in place when the first cold snap passed through. I tried working in the cold but gave up as I put the next layer on. So I asked a neighbor to help me move it inside so I could finish it. So instead of taking one day to assemble, it took about three but I had to skip a day in-between also. I did finish it but did not paint it. I say it looks great. The appliances are filling it up very quickly. The wok has a home, the food sealer has a home, the two stand mixers have a home, in addition to the food processor, blender, ninja smoothie blender…. Decided I will hold off til spring to paint The unit. I am getting real good at using a table saw and batter operated drill, screwdriver and jigsaw. My grandfather was a carpenter so maybe it is in my blood.
right after husband passed I was thinking about the holidays, I was trying to get out of our annual holiday gathering, wasn’t sure I was going to be able to do much gift giving. Plus I was supposed to be driving to California. Things and my outlook changed, in October I paid off the loan for the pool deck. I contacted the bank to restart my Christmas club account that never restarted after the credit union merged with a different credit union. next year I will have the funds set aside.
to add a personal touch for my holiday gifts I was making lots of different cookies from scratch. Such as: peanut butter blossoms, peanut butter cookies, chocolate chip cookies, Russian teacake cookies some people call them snowballs, brownies, and candy cane kiss Cookies. wait don’t forget the chocolate cupcakes. I also spent time looking for affordable gifts to go with the cookies.
As the weather changed, I started work inside the house with removing an upper cabinet from the kitchen with my handyman. He did most of the work. It hung from the ceiling and had 2 foot bolts all the way into the rafters in the attic. in the meantime, I then decided to make an opening on the back of a cabinet under the counter to make it more convenient to access all the cookie sheets x 4-6, muffin pans x 3 and 13 x 9 pan and found my screen pan for French fries and pizza, plus spare broiler pans and two pancake griddles. the original cut for the opening was awful the jigsaw did not want to cut straight. I put a frame around the opening. Better but…. . All while getting the kitchen tile flooring finished under the fridge and cabinet, plus needing the laundry room tile flooring finished, and the hallway tile flooring started to being finished. After the flooring was down around the counter I then decided to put different paneling under the cabinet and at the ceiling over the remaining cabinet. I took out the dark brown paneling and replaced it with a white and grey paneling named summer oak to match the glacial marble/white and grey floor tile. while changing the paneling I was able to correct the opening for the bakeware, I feel good about the fix. The kitchen does not feel like a cave anymore. Since it made such a huge difference in the kitchen I have made the arrangements to continue this summer oak paneling down the hallway with the glacier marble tile to erase the dark cavelike tunnel. The tile is finished in the laundry room as of today. The hallway got done New Year’s Ev. Paneling should start in the hallway tomorrow and be up by next week. There is also new baseboard and door trim to add later. Kept the old panels for pattern pieces to cut new paneling and to eventually reuse the old panels in the shed. So far I am focused on the west side of the house. Maybe next winter I can start to focus on the bedrooms and move along the east side with the living room and office which was originally a dining room. After the hallway will be doing some renovations in the main bathroom. I am replacing a 32” bath stall that I bump my arms on the wall with a 36” glass shower stall, raising the shower head and changing the floor tile to…you guessed it glacier marble. The last room on that side of the house will be my old bedroom (before husband took it over) after I get to taking husband’s bed and miscellaneous stuff out. Too much going on. So focusing each day organizing in different areas is the primary goal. I have rearranged a lot of stuff in the kitchen and everyday is better and better.
One comment from friends and family after the Christmas gathering was, everyone was so surprised at how happy I was. Amazing how much can change in 8 months. I chose to stay home for New Year’s Day it was quiet but very stress free. The house will be a work in progress as I sort, sift, repurpose, and determine what to do with all the clutter. It took 20 years to accumulate but I am sure that I can take less time to redistribute stuff I don’t need or want and find homes for stuff I am keeping. Be safe, stay well. Be positive, you can do anything if you want it bad enough.

Roni, it's really good to hear from you. I'm always amazed at your approaches to tasks and to living. You're a rockstar.

I just got an email informing me that one of my cousins was found dead at home. She was 3 years younger than me. But I had to smile through the tears because she was found dead on her sofa, with her cat curled up next to her. There's something so sweet about that. I'm sure they were cuddling before they both fell asleep. This is not directly related to our group focus, but there was a stigma, and we sure know about those. She was probably trans but all the gossip in our huge family (I have 18 pair of aunts/uncles, 70 first cousins) was about what a tomboy she was. So she was never validated for who she really was. Nevertheless, what a sweet, peaceful death. I hope no one minds that I shared that. I'm really hurting at the suddenness of this loss.

Roni, it's really good to hear from you. I'm always amazed at your approaches to tasks and to living. You're a rockstar.

I just got an email informing me that one of my cousins was found dead at home. She was 3 years younger than me. But I had to smile through the tears because she was found dead on her sofa, with her cat curled up next to her. There's something so sweet about that. I'm sure they were cuddling before they both fell asleep. This is not directly related to our group focus, but there was a stigma, and we sure know about those. She was probably trans but all the gossip in our huge family (I have 18 pair of aunts/uncles, 70 first cousins) was about what a tomboy she was. So she was never validated for who she really was. Nevertheless, what a sweet, peaceful death. I hope no one minds that I shared that. I'm really hurting at the suddenness of this loss.
Sorry to hear of your loss diane

Diane, I'm sorry for your loss. I am very close with a few of my cousins and can't even imagine hearing that news. It IS sweet that she was found snuggled with the cat. I have always had cats and that sounds like just how I'd like to go.

Hello again. Ready to post had third annual bariatric anniversary review today. My numbers are above what I want them to be but with the household rennovations and projects going on, i blame anxiety and stress. But this will be coming to an end with the weather change in addition to the lack of money to pay for completing current project aka the main bathroom. This means if the shower, toilet and sink are not installed completely when the money runs out then those things will stay as they are. The handyman has been sick for the last week and in the hospital with high fever and staph infection. I have told him to get better with no fever before coming back. I took out a loan for this project, i think too much time was wasted on finishing details in the hallway and the floor. I like the handyman but i could have been shown how to do the finishing instead. In the mean time i will be priming the walls since i took off the horrid wall paper with a steamer. Loves how to videos. I learned something new.
Back to the annual visits, got my annual ct scan for my lung on Sunday, was scheduled that way. They are monitoring a spot on my lung, i think it was from breakdown of seal on the cpap machine that was recalled. Dr.’s have been watching the spot for 4-5 years so far. No change in size but need to wait for primary to get new results to know if any further change. They replaced the cpap like 1 1/2 years ago. I was 5 min late for scan because i kept running back in the house to get stuff, like -putting dog food outside for puppies till neighbor let them in for the night. Putting out extra puppy pads for early morning emergencies. They do use them and sometimes it is half on and half off the pad. I give them credit as good puppies. I made sure i had treats and meds for their anxiety for when i am not home. I will say those treats made a huge difference. No attacking each other for attention when i got home today, Monday. The VA put me up in hotel for the night with a voucher for early appointment today Monday. Plus my bariatric appoint after my early appointment.
I was seen by neurology for tremors in my hands especially my left hand. I have been pestering my shrink and primary doctor for 5 years and my new primary set up the appointment. Happy dance time. I believe it is tardive dyskinesia from 33 years of SSRI meds. I am getting a device for neural stimulation to wear on my wrist. No new drugs check me out.
The bariatric nurse i met with today is having me change my pantropizol medication, knows i spelled that wrong. It is for heartburn. I am supposed to take every other day til i run out to wean myself off the med. happy dance for that too. Bad news is i am supposed to be taking two flinstone vitamins per day not 1. Told her I wondered about that. I am also supposed to be taking two Caltrate per day. Oh well i can fix that. I made it home after being away for 25 hours.
on the way to the hotel i saw a Trader Joe’s. First time i have seen one. Oh my gosh the lot was full and the store was hopping. i decided to check it out since i was in town for appointments, especially after all the nice things Diane says about Trader Joe’s. I did buy a protein bar and a free Trader Joe’s bag since it was my first visit. I went up and down the aisles just looking at everything they had to offer. I think i was there for an hour and a half. The place was packed with people plus staff were unloading a truck filling up the shelves. Afterwards i went to Perkins which was right across the street from Trader Joe’, to eat dinner, treating myself while out of town. i used to go to perkin in Minnesota when i lived there.
The second treat i gave myself at the hotel was a good bathtime soak. I only have a shower stall in the house before it was removed for renovation. But it will still be only a shower stall when the work is completed. Oh well. The bath helped a lot. I go back in august so i might get another soak in then.
Well that is the update for now. The weather is getting warmer and i will take my happy bottom outside to play in the yard. Burying cinder blocks around the deck to keep dogs from encountering ground hog under the deck/porch. Lolly was bitten and scratched last year. I got my animal cage fixed and hope to catch it this year. The next part will be to expand the burying of cinder blocks that hold the legs of the pool. I have gotten the replacement parts so i should try to put it up this summer. Another project will be to get the raised beds in for a garden. And lastly putting new ties on the fence to get the fencing correctly on the bars at the right height. Always something to keep me busy. And maybe i will expand the patio like husband suggested before he passed. Keep smiling, keep thinking happy thoughts. Look for the positives and enjoy your adventures. Laters.

Excellent update! I'm glad you're doing well and got to treat yourself to a soak. Seems like you're keeping bust and staying healthy. I am planning on a few home projects this year as well. I will absolutely go check out YouTube for some help. You're lucky to have a handyman. I have to hire a contractor to build my porch and I HATE that. There is such a difference in companies, you don't know who to trust. I have asked everyone I know and literally no one would recommend the last ppl they hired!! I think I'm going to call a trusted roofer and ask him for a recommendation.

Back