• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Looking for a "Surgery Twin" to walk through the journey with!

My surgery is tomorrow morning at 10:30.

Just to give everyone a heads up. I'm at home. Feeling not the best, but I guess with everything this too shall pass. Everyone talks about getting up and walking. Well I can barely go to the damn bathroom
Glad you’re home and it does take time. I struggled the first few days in hospital ( with the sleeve typically it’s next day discharge, I was there 3 days). I had trouble getting out of bed. It really does suck, but it does pass. It gets to the point where I forgot about my extreme discomfort until I see a post about it, and the experience was about two weeks ago! Good luck to you!

Congratulations y'all for getting your surgeries and working hard on your recovery. I really am encouraged to see so many new members joining our little group here. It is refreshing to hear about your experiences, and I find myself being inspired by y'all. Best wishes to everyone ❤❤

Yes, but like my team said, do not hesitate in contacting them if you need to and/or just questioning what you’re experiencing. She said she rather have multiple questions/messages than for me to get to a point where things might get away from us.
I did reach out to my team with a question of why I was feeling so much pain, but haven't heard anything back yet
Yes, but like my team said, do not hesitate in contacting them if you need to and/or just questioning what you’re experiencing. She said she rather have multiple questions/messages than for me to get to a point where things might get away from us.

I'm think most of the pain I felt was gone within a week. I was blessed to have 72 hour nerve block(s) and minimal pain. I guess the doctor removed most of the CO2 gas before closing me up, Yay! I walked as much as I could, and that helped. Took plenty of Tylenol extra strength plus 3 days worth of Lortabs. Hopefully your pain will begin easing soon, and you will have forgotten most of that discomfort after a few months. Hint: losing a bunch of weight does an amazing job of making your pain memories fade.

I'm think most of the pain I felt was gone within a week. I was blessed to have 72 hour nerve block(s) and minimal pain. I guess the doctor removed most of the CO2 gas before closing me up, Yay! I walked as much as I could, and that helped. Took plenty of Tylenol extra strength plus 3 days worth of Lortabs. Hopefully your pain will begin easing soon, and you will have forgotten most of that discomfort after a few months. Hint: losing a bunch of weight does an amazing job of making your pain memories fade.
I wish I could be that fortunate to have all those pain options but they only gave me tylenol.

Back