• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

looking for good books

LoisV

I am having surgery in January and I am looking for advice on books to read to help me get through this. I have some recipes that I've found on pinterest but I know I'll need more, so cookbooks would be good too. Everything that I've read says that your body is changing so quickly that your mind lags behind trying to adjust.

PLEASE HELP!

Hi Lois!!! WELCOME to the Forum!!!

Rather than reading books on the subject, you can find a wealth of information just by googling bariatric surgery, bariatric recipes, or any other topic concerning your forthcoming surgery. Google the type of surgery you are having, I had the R-N-Y bypass. You will find articles by doctors, surgeons, researchers, and past, present and future bariatric patients. Read everything you can on the subject and then make your own conclusions. If you want books on the subject, you could go on Amazon and find that out also.

Good Luck!

Cheyenne :cool:

Hi Lois!!! WELCOME to the Forum!!!

Rather than reading books on the subject, you can find a wealth of information just by googling bariatric surgery, bariatric recipes, or any other topic concerning your forthcoming surgery. Google the type of surgery you are having, I had the R-N-Y bypass. You will find articles by doctors, surgeons, researchers, and past, present and future bariatric patients. Read everything you can on the subject and then make your own conclusions. If you want books on the subject, you could go on Amazon and find that out also.

Good Luck!

Cheyenne :cool:

As always, Cheyenne is giving out good advice.

Google and google.

Forget the books.

Ask questions here. We have done it.

Ralph

Back