• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

looong motorcycle rides

kph

My boyfriend and I are planning a motorcycle ride to Virginia this July (we live in WI) from there we will ride to North Carolina and Tennesse. We will also ,be riding to Pennsylvania this summer for a long weekend. And we're also taking a long weekend to ride the bluffs along the Mississipi in Iowa.
This is something that we have wanted to do together for a long time but because of my weight I just couldn't ride comfortably that long. We also had problems fitting on mthe bike due to his weight and mine. My surgery has opened doors for me!!

That sounds like a grand adventure and a great time! Will you be staying in hotels / motels or camping? If I were younger I would love to do something like that. Maybe not on a motorcycle but on horseback, hiking or canoeing would be a blast. I would be taking my fishing stuff with me. Nothing like being outdoors with the wind blowing in your hair.

kph

hi your trips sound like alot of fun, i hope you 2 take alot of pic's to share after your adventures.
Continued happiness to both of you.
Donna

We will be staying in hotels (our idea of camping is Holiday Inn). Come on now your not too old to have adventures. I'm 56 and Steve is 53. We love doing what we're doing and if the arthritis in my back and hips acts up we just take more breaks. If I didn't pack as much as I do Steve would probably pack fishing stuff also. But I still have my C-Pap and I like to take plenty of clothes and rain gear. We also fit our leather just in case of chilly weather (you never can tell). We plan on lots of pictures. I will keep my little camera around my neck so I can even take pictures as we are riding.

Back