• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Mad

I am very mad at the people who work in my surgeon's office.
Since I started going there I have told them that I am having a hard time deciding if I will have surgery.
In March the dr said we should get everything approved but schedule the surgery a few months out. Because he knows I am unsure and if I decide not to do it that is ok. Yesterday the scheduling person flat out refused to schedule me because I am still not 100 percent sure. She was a witch.
While there I also saw the counselor. She basically told me it was ridiculous to have any concerns about the actual surgery. Then I find out she spoke with my advocate about my session, which is confidential!
The people there have no empathy or compassion.
If I could change to a different Dr & not have to start all over I would. Which is a shame because I like the dr.

Ugh, that is frustrating! I don't much care for some of the team members in my surgeons office either, but it is great that you love the doctor. :) I hope you are able to resolve things quickly and make a final decision. I'm nearly a year out of surgery and I can tell you first hand that I don't regret it, and I don't think about it anymore. My focus daily is on proper eating, exercise, and water intake. It feels freeing to stay on track and know I'm improving my health. I was a big girl before all of it started, so going out in public used to be one of the hardest things as I was always a little anxious about others around me. I don't have that anymore. The 'non scale victories' are worth every minute of every day since surgery. I don't worry if a chair can hold me, I don't worry about what other people think because I know I'm working on myself and they don't get to have an input in it. I can breath easier. If I were told a year a go I would become a gym rat and exercise daily I would have laughed, and yet I've done just that. I'm down 14 dress sizes, I've lost 140 lbs. which is a bit crazy, and I feel great. I know you will have your own goals with the surgery, mine were purely medical necessity at the time of surgery, but as you achieve them, and evolve and adjust, it is kind of like you get a second chance at life with improved health and wellness. The surgery is just a tool put in place to help you get there and then life moves on, you move on and things get better. I hope the best for you in your journey!

I am sorry they upset you. The vermin! I would have told them to stop disrespecting you if i were there. I am also sorry youre still undecided. I know its a no u turn situation but looking forward to looking and feeling good, who wants to turn that back around? Nope not me. I live in southwest virginia where Carilion is the major hospital and clinics. I know from my team that if i were to move or switch i would just sign a release of records form so that the new doctor would have all my progress. Theres hope on that score for you if you were to switch. Now to find a team worth switching to. I hope to the moon that you are successful. I know by the time you finished dealing with that team for the day, you wanted to call it all off. Dont let them mistreat you. Nor make the decision for you. I wish you all the best.

Hi Stephanie. The last thing you need right now is people pressuring you to make your decision about weight loss surgery. It took me several months in the pre-surgery program I am in to be certain that I want this tool to help me lose weight. Although the health care professionals in the program ask me every month if I "still want surgery," it is not in a pressured way. They just want to know where I stand because my mind did waver for a while. I'm glad you like your doctor, though. I finally get to meet my doctor next week after 8 months of waiting. You will get to a point where you will be pretty sure of what you want. Don't make anyone rush you!

I am very mad at the people who work in my surgeon's office.
Since I started going there I have told them that I am having a hard time deciding if I will have surgery.
In March the dr said we should get everything approved but schedule the surgery a few months out. Because he knows I am unsure and if I decide not to do it that is ok. Yesterday the scheduling person flat out refused to schedule me because I am still not 100 percent sure. She was a witch.
While there I also saw the counselor. She basically told me it was ridiculous to have any concerns about the actual surgery. Then I find out she spoke with my advocate about my session, which is confidential!
The people there have no empathy or compassion.
If I could change to a different Dr & not have to start all over I would. Which is a shame because I like the dr.

Hang in there with the run around. It's a crazy ride getting everything set for the big terrifying day - but, it's much easier than you would ever believe. I kept going toward surgery day with the thought that I could back out at the last minute if I needed, but what I found was that at the last minute I asked myself if I could continue to live with myself if I chickened out living in the hopeless place I was in and I realized my decision was really made - and I'm SOOOOOO GLAD I went through with this! I'd do it a million times over. I'm 13 weeks post op and back to normal and have had no issues at all. I'm down 40 pounds and feeling wonderful. If you're suffering and not able to get the weight off, this is a real life saver. You do have to commit to changing your life, but compared to being miserable and with ever increasing health problems - it's so worth it! This part will be over soon. :)

Ugh, that is frustrating! I don't much care for some of the team members in my surgeons office either, but it is great that you love the doctor. :) I hope you are able to resolve things quickly and make a final decision. I'm nearly a year out of surgery and I can tell you first hand that I don't regret it, and I don't think about it anymore. My focus daily is on proper eating, exercise, and water intake. It feels freeing to stay on track and know I'm improving my health. I was a big girl before all of it started, so going out in public used to be one of the hardest things as I was always a little anxious about others around me. I don't have that anymore. The 'non scale victories' are worth every minute of every day since surgery. I don't worry if a chair can hold me, I don't worry about what other people think because I know I'm working on myself and they don't get to have an input in it. I can breath easier. If I were told a year a go I would become a gym rat and exercise daily I would have laughed, and yet I've done just that. I'm down 14 dress sizes, I've lost 140 lbs. which is a bit crazy, and I feel great. I know you will have your own goals with the surgery, mine were purely medical necessity at the time of surgery, but as you achieve them, and evolve and adjust, it is kind of like you get a second chance at life with improved health and wellness. The surgery is just a tool put in place to help you get there and then life moves on, you move on and things get better. I hope the best for you in your journey!
Thank you. I go to my first informational meeting soon. It’s nice to hear you have no regrets.

Back