• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Made it

3momchaos

I’ve been staying off the scale recently because I realized that I’d become addicted. I’d been at the same weight every day for a few weeks, then over the past weekend I went up a couple pounds from eating take out too much and all the added sodium. Only took a couple days for those couple extra pounds to go away once I got myself back on track mentally.
Weighed myself today and discovered that I surpassed my goal of losing 100lbs from my surgery weight to losing 102lbs. Which means I’ve lost 119lbs since starting with my surgery center in January 2020. Now my new goal is just to keep right around this weight. I’m realistic in knowing that weight fluctuates, I’ll slip and fall, I might go through something that takes my mind off my weight, or my thyroid meds might need adjusting.
This journey is not over just because a goal has been conquered. This is a life long process, and a commitment to a mental and emotional change towards my relationship with food. I think that is the long term struggle. It is so easy to mentally check out, but so difficult to go back to the right mindset. At least for me.
I have a wonderful support system around me, but none of them know what I’m going through like all of you. So thank you for being part of my team, you all bring a wonderful light into my life.

That's awesome 3mom!! And you are so right that this is a lifelong process yet so easy to mentally check out. Been there and done that! But I can happily say that I have been having a great week and the scale is going back down!!

Words like yours keep me going, so thank you so much!

3mom, that is great news. And you're right. We're all finding out that the "maintenance phase" is a mental challenge as well. However, you've worked really hard to get here and I know you'll keep succeeding, even if set backs occur. I've always admired how you prepare for every step to come, instead of focusing on only the right now. It's serving you well. Congrats!

Congrats on hitting your milestone. Wow! Woohoo! I love reading about successes like yours, because it's really hard for me to see that far down the road.

I have to force myself to weigh myself only on Mondays. I am starting to slow down on my initial weight loss rate rate(31 lbs so far but nothing last week), and it's easy for me to be discouraged. Then when I read your post today, it really lifted my spirits. Thank you so much for sharing your great news!

Back