• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Maintaining

This cracked me up, since Chili was also my first soft food. If you like it, try ground turkey instead of ground beef. Beef can be a little harder to digest in the early days. Enjoy!
It's a turkey recipe. I was a little worried because a turkey paste I had kind of got stuck a few days ago. This was no worry though. Everything about it was great. :) I had a half a cup worth. Feeling good about an hour later. Haven't had any bean-related exhaust. Well, not yet.

Nope, the spices were not toned down at all. It wasn't 5-alarm chili or anything. So far, I haven't noticed any bad reaction to spices. I had a chicken vindaloo paste last week that was pretty darned spicy but did not seem to hurt. Honestly, we're running out of room for all the spices that I've bought since I started on the various medically prescribed diets.

Chili sounds great!! My husbands bean exhaust comes from all beans! That man could eat wax beans and fart candles.

Moving to the different stages is a great thing! Like Missy said - beef can be very difficult to deal with. If you do eat beef - keep it small and chew it well.

I love Wendy's chili. It just has the right amount of tomatoes, beans, and chunks of burger. Fun fact: Wendy's originally only had 4 food items on their menu. Burgers, fries, frosties, and chili (created to use up burgers on the grill that didn't sell and began to overcook - genius!). I know I could make my own chili, but it's an occasional fast food indulgence for lazy me lol.

Back