• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Maintenance - Tips, Tricks, Advice?

I only weigh once a week but I try to stay within a 2 lb range. But it sometimes freaks me out the amount and types of food that I can eat. For having had the bypass, I have very few restrictions. I have also found that it's much easier to digest larger amounts of processed foods than healthy foods. So, I'm trying to stick to healthy foods. When I started I was told to go for 5-6 small meals a day, so basically I was eating all day. Now that I can eat in larger amounts, that needs to stop. But, I'm hungry again after a few hours. I have not been doing as much meal prep as I should, which really keeps healthy snacks on hand instead of higher calorie snacks. So, I prepped lunches and snacks yesterday and will be tracking again all week to get back to my lower 2lb norm lol This is the best I've FELT in decades and I'm not going back to all the health issues I had and the worse ones I was headed for.

Just gained 4 pounds (in addition to two pounds last week!) I’m freaking out a little. Suddenly I’m feeling hungry and I don’t like it.
I am making a real effort to pay attention to what I’m eating and the amount and I increased my exercise. I posted in another area asking people which calorie and exercise tracker they like best because I’m thinking that might be helpful.
I HAVE to get on top of this now before it gets out of hand! I can tell that it would be really easy to gain the weight back.

Just gained 4 pounds (in addition to two pounds last week!) I’m freaking out a little. Suddenly I’m feeling hungry and I don’t like it.
I am making a real effort to pay attention to what I’m eating and the amount and I increased my exercise. I posted in another area asking people which calorie and exercise tracker they like best because I’m thinking that might be helpful.
I HAVE to get on top of this now before it gets out of hand! I can tell that it would be really easy to gain the weight back.

I have been going up and down with the same 3-5 calories for months now. I agree, worried that it is all too easy to regain. :rolleyes:

The app that was recommended by another person is Baritastic. It helps you monitor everything, food, protein, water, exercise, it has a journal, bm tracker, plus the weight tracker. It has reminders for meds, it is a very handy after surgery app.for me the tracker will be for life since I need it to stay on track.

Back