• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

MamaBear surgery

Thanks. I check in everyday and I will try to check in after surgery as well. Believe me, my husband is going to be holding my phone and tablet while I go through surgery But as soon as I am awake and moving I am checking in. KCaudle check in more with us. I like to know you are ok. Just a Hello will be better for me to know you are still going. How has everything been going so far. Are you healed up mostly?

Yay MamaBear. I’ll be praying for you.

We need you date up there. You can add it from one of your older post as well. It is a day to remember. It is like a new birthday for us. A day we can celebrate with each other. To add your date get on one of your post or make a new one. At the top the is 3 dots on the post and that is where the calender menu is at. Just add a date and it will post it on the calender

Thanks. I check in everyday and I will try to check in after surgery as well. Believe me, my husband is going to be holding my phone and tablet while I go through surgery But as soon as I am awake and moving I am checking in. KCaudle check in more with us. I like to know you are ok. Just a Hello will be better for me to know you are still going. How has everything been going so far. Are you healed up mostly?
Yes. Still some pain where my port was due to so much scar tissue. I’m really glad I did this. It seems like a huge mountain to climb, but each day gets easier. I even made a dessert for a gathering we went to and it didn’t even bother me to not be able to eat it. I like being off sugar. I just feel better.
I’ll be better with checking in.

good. I have gotten better at not eating when I cook and the boys are trying to take on more responsibilities to help out. Every one is pulling together here. And soon the mountain will be a hill and then it will be a field. You will get through it. Scar tissue is the worse part but it will get better. I am so glad you are doing so better now.

good. I have gotten better at not eating when I cook and the boys are trying to take on more responsibilities to help out. Every one is pulling together here. And soon the mountain will be a hill and then it will be a field. You will get through it. Scar tissue is the worse part but it will get better. I am so glad you are doing so better now.
What do you mean by scar tissue?

Scar tissue is any thing that has healed from surgery. A scar is not only on the top of your skin it goes through the layers of your muscle as well. That is what make the scare bumpy. It takes a lot long for it to heal if it ever heals. I gets better but some times the scars never go away.

My surgery had to be rescheduled for another day. I hope it is not to far out though but I all ready know it is going to be in June something. I am not going to let this discourage me on getting this surgery. I need it for a healthy life.

Bummer! After being on pre-surgery diet, that can’t make you happy. I sure hope it is soon for you. Keep positive!

Great attitude. That’s the biggest part of the battle.

Thanks I just know that I will get through this as well. I will get my new date and then I will be on my way. I am put out until June right now but It will come. I just have another month to prepare for it.

Back