• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Marine Corps Birthday & My Goal

WazzuCoug

245 years ago, on November 10, 1775 the Marine Corps was born. That Marine still lives inside of me somewhere, covered up by layers, not just of weight but also age and other life changes. I was stationed in Hawaii and Okinawa, and saw combat in the Middle East. I am proud to have served, and I have to admit that I have always been very hard on myself for straying so far from my weight back then.

I will probably not get down to the lowest weight when I was back then, but I do plan on getting in the ball park that will allow me to fit into a uniform again, just because I want to. I'm sure it won't ever fit like it did back then, but I have a bag with a couple uniforms and camouflage utilities that I used to wear that will be in the weight range I'm going for.

I have about 50 pounds to go to get there. I don't care how long it takes, but I am on my way.

If there are any other Marines on this board, Happy Birthday! If there are any other veterans on this board, thank you for your service. Semper Fi!

245 years ago, on November 10, 1775 the Marine Corps was born. That Marine still lives inside of me somewhere, covered up by layers, not just of weight but also age and other life changes. I was stationed in Hawaii and Okinawa, and saw combat in the Middle East. I am proud to have served, and I have to admit that I have always been very hard on myself for straying so far from my weight back then.

I will probably not get down to the lowest weight when I was back then, but I do plan on getting in the ball park that will allow me to fit into a uniform again, just because I want to. I'm sure it won't ever fit like it did back then, but I have a bag with a couple uniforms and camouflage utilities that I used to wear that will be in the weight range I'm going for.

I have about 50 pounds to go to get there. I don't care how long it takes, but I am on my way.

If there are any other Marines on this board, Happy Birthday! If there are any other veterans on this board, thank you for your service. Semper Fi!

View attachment 3326
Happy Veterans day from a former Navy wife and current Army mom of 2! Thank you for your service.

Back