• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Melting tooshie

Leiabeedoh

I’m 2 weeks out today and my panties are down 2 sizes! Also, put on the skinny bermuda shorts I bought last year that fit tight and I couldn’t sit. Now I could do yoga in thoes things. All kinds of loose comfy ness

im doing a massive closet purge and grouping things into sizes, trying things on and if they are tight scooting them to the next section down. This is fun!

I’m 2 weeks out today and my panties are down 2 sizes! Also, put on the skinny bermuda shorts I bought last year that fit tight and I couldn’t sit. Now I could do yoga in thoes things. All kinds of loose comfy ness

im doing a massive closet purge and grouping things into sizes, trying things on and if they are tight scooting them to the next section down. This is fun!
Congratulations! That’s the fun part!

I'm having trouble getting back with the plan. I backslid and cannot seem to reverse myself. I am seven months out from surgery and had lost 60 pounds but may have put a few back on. I'm afraid to weigh. What complicates it is the constant diarrhea that the doctors have not found a reason for. I can sometimes only tolerate white rice. Helpful suggestions, please.

I am almost 3-4 years out from my Sleeve Surgery. For the last several months I have been having multiple episodes of diarrhea almost daily. I wrote it off to a food sensitivity and stopped that item. But then I had to be on an antibiotic for a week and I wrote the continuing diarrhea off to that. Now, almost a week after, the diarrhea continues. Anyone else have that problem. Any advice? Thanks. I just joined today, Oct 9, 2023.

I am almost 3-4 years out from my Sleeve Surgery. For the last several months I have been having multiple episodes of diarrhea almost daily. I wrote it off to a food sensitivity and stopped that item. But then I had to be on an antibiotic for a week and I wrote the continuing diarrhea off to that. Now, almost a week after, the diarrhea continues. Anyone else have that problem. Any advice? Thanks. I just joined today, Oct 9, 2023.

First, it is good to create a new post instead of adding to the end of an old conversation on here. But I found you because i click "What's New" at the top. Anyhow, I had diarrhea for a couple weeks straight and was miserable so I messaged my surgeon's NP and she called me the next am and we had a long chat. She said not to change my diet plan but to add Benefiber or Metamucil a half dose at first and see if it helps stop the cycle. It worked after the first dose/day and I it hasn't come back. She said because I had a cold virus that can mess me up, could have been mild food poisoning from leftovers, no matter the cause, I am so glad it was a simple fix for me. So don't be afraid to ask what they think.

I am so glad it was a simple fix for me. So don't be afraid to ask what they think.
Amen to that. When something goes wrong, we go all over every possible diagnosis. But you can't diagnose yourself, even if you work in the medical field. Finally Me gave you the BEST advice possible: ask an expert. You may read about remedies in this group, but what works for one person won't work for another.

By the way you SHOULD be taking Metamucil every day. Stir it into one of your 8 glasses of water. It has many, many positive benefits, not just on the intestinal track. There's been a study showing taking it can be beneficial for heart health. Do some research and ask an expert as many times as you need to until it goes away. Fiber laxatives help solidify stool while helping it move through the intestinal tract.

Back