• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Mind Hunger....how to tame it?....

Alioop

I have been reading this weekend about Mind Hunger post surgery. I have come across a few web sites that say physical hunger is possible after surgery. Did any one experience real hunger within the first few weeks post surgery.?

If it was mind hunger, please share your tricks for managing it.

I have been reading this weekend about Mind Hunger post surgery. I have come across a few web sites that say physical hunger is possible after surgery. Did any one experience real hunger within the first few weeks post surgery.?

I only experienced real hunger when I hadn't drank enough throughout the day. I had a couple of days where I was so fatigued after having had walked too much the day before. I had a hard time staying awake the following day, and it was late in the afternoon when I noticed I was so hungry and also dizzy. I try to stay on top of having regular meals and fluids now and I only get hungry if I wait too long between meals. As for mind hunger I don't have that so much. In the first three weeks I was having severe diarrhea, and if anything had more sugar than I could handle the pain was severe along with instant diarrhea. That experience for me is more than enough to deter me from having anything sweet or things I can't have at this time. I did crave chicken before I could eat it, so I chewed a piece of it but didn't swallow it, just so I could have the flavor of it. Weird I know, but it stopped the craving.

I only experienced real hunger when I hadn't drank enough throughout the day. I had a couple of days where I was so fatigued after having had walked too much the day before. I had a hard time staying awake the following day, and it was late in the afternoon when I noticed I was so hungry and also dizzy. I try to stay on top of having regular meals and fluids now and I only get hungry if I wait too long between meals. As for mind hunger I don't have that so much. In the first three weeks I was having severe diarrhea, and if anything had more sugar than I could handle the pain was severe along with instant diarrhea. That experience for me is more than enough to deter me from having anything sweet or things I can't have at this time. I did crave chicken before I could eat it, so I chewed a piece of it but didn't swallow it, just so I could have the flavor of it. Weird I know, but it stopped the craving.
I had the same problem craving fried chicken. And yes, it was more of a craving then a hunger. I didn't swallow but spit it out in a napkin. It only took two bites and the craving was gone for days.

I had the same problem craving fried chicken. And yes, it was more of a craving then a hunger. I didn't swallow but spit it out in a napkin. It only took two bites and the craving was gone for days.
it is amazing how those cravings work, and how just a taste of those foods is enough to resolve the craving.

I got an air fryer, I made chicken in it and it turned out really well, I was surprised, I dipped my chicken in a mix of egg and hot sauce and then bread crumbs

Yes, that's when I started using mine, I have made fries for my husband, chicken, fish, sausage, and wings in it for the both of us, it was all good and quick

I am 4 weeks post op and still have no belly hunger... I still do 3 meals a day, well partial meals anyways... At times My head tells me to go eat something. I try and think if I am really hungry or not.. If you stop to to try and decide if it is real hunger or head hunger... I seem to be able to tell... Or I go for a short walk and see how I feel when I get back.

Back