• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

My first CT and other fun stuff

SunnyD

When I got called back to work last month, I noticed I would get some abdominal tenderness a couple inches above my belly button on my left side when I was on my feet all day.

It took a few days to get a response from my GP to get an appointment in person. But she could feel a small lump around my adrenals. So she sent me to CT. It took another week for them to get back to me to get me in, but when they did I got a same day appointment (ahhh, medical care in the time of Covid!).

Anyway, the results came back and it’s a small vernal (incisional) hernia that is currently all fat tissue. My GP has referred me back to Bariatrics to talk about repair.

I hate when life tosses me things that require me to deal with surgeons, lawyers, or insurance companies, so I’m annoyed that this is 2 out of 3 of those things. I’m taking out my annoyance by painting my living room this weekend.

My connective tissues are apparently thin. But it’s better to care for now than if intestine starts coming through. Strangulation of intestine sounds way more painful.

Anyone else had incisional hernias post laparoscopic surgery?

Such a bummer, but I’m glad they found it and you’re going to have it taken care of! By the way, if you have any other frustrations, you can totally paint my living room too LOL Don’t work too hard!
It’s looking good!

Attachments

• 34528B45-9A82-4E00-A3D8-0C36FCD3D24A.jpeg
    34528B45-9A82-4E00-A3D8-0C36FCD3D24A.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 81
  • D3F54ADF-65F3-49B8-84C6-3FE1087A9214.jpeg
    D3F54ADF-65F3-49B8-84C6-3FE1087A9214.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 79
I love it! I remember being enlightened one day when I went to a friend's house who had painted her walls a grayish chocolate brown. It was an amazing shade of brown and she did the most beautiful job of white trim. From that time forward I never worried about what color I painted a room. In fact, I painted my dining room in deep red. Gorgeous.

Last edited:
Back