• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

My regain over the past 1.5 years

srice11698

Hello,
I am a 37 year old female. I had RNY done on 5/20/13. Man oh man it changed my life. I was going to the gym and kicking some serious butt, but now not so much.
About 3 years ago my husband suffered a work related injury. It caused him to have 2 shoulder surgeries. We lost our rental home or 8 years and I moved in with my mom. I became severely depressed. I was heavyily medicated by an incompetent NP that our office had to fire. I am currently on Wellbutrin 150mg twice a day, Xanax 3 times per day, lo loestrin FE for mood swings. Gabapentin 3 times a day, spiralatone - for water retention and my skin. And busbar 10 mg twice a day. And 200mcg of synthroid .I just had an endoscopy and I don’t know how big a normal pouch measures after rny surgery. It did say mine stretched. I also have a small hiatal hernia, and found out I have h pylori too! Fun times. I was not considering a revision. But my surgeon does them robotically. I’m so unsure what to do. I can wait months and see how it goes. Any advice would be great. No I do not eat like a slob. My downfall is DD. I’m a huge coffee drinker. Here are photos before, my thinnest, my goal weight, and now...

Welcome! You’ve had so much go on since you’re surgery, but it sounds like you are a fighter!! If you decided to wait, how do you feel like things will go? Have you talked to your surgeon about the pros and cons of revision? Out of curiosity why did you have the endoscopy? Sorry, lots of questions, I just don’t like to assume things. I’m happy you’ve found the group ;)

I went to my Bariatric doctor’s and they have a back on track program. They wanted to do an endoscopy to see if my pouch had stretched, and if there was even room for revision. They found I have H pylori, I have a small hiatal hernia, and it stretched a little bit. I’m not sure what route I want to go yet. I will be seeing the nutritionist next. So we will go from there. I just think having another surgery will not fix the brain issues.

Hi and welcome to the group. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles and hope your husband is doing better. It is good that you are feeling well enough to start looking after your own health again. I think it's great that your doctor has a back on track program and that you went for it. I also think that you've just started your back on track process so you have time to see if you can do it on your own or if you need the help of a revision surgery. DD was my EVERYTHING as well, so I feel you there. I have to remind myself everyday that I cannot have a large pumpkin cold brew with extra cream. Now, once a week, I go get a medium iced coffee, black and bring it home. I have a flavored sugar free syrup here. I use 2oz of protein milk and a 1/2 oz of syrup. Seeing as how I'm only 4 months out, I should probably stop even that. But, it keeps me happy lol

I think that back on track program sounds like an awesome idea! I wonder if my surgery center has something like that. I feel like that statement says a lot about me since I have even had surgery yet lol Anyways, sounds like you’ve got some solid avenues to explore and great guidance.
I think we ALL worry that we are going to fail or at least need some help along the way. That does not say about you what you think it does. It says you are realistic and prepared to fight to make this happen, even through the hardest of times. You got this!!

Hi and welcome to the group. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles and hope your husband is doing better. It is good that you are feeling well enough to start looking after your own health again. I think it's great that your doctor has a back on track program and that you went for it. I also think that you've just started your back on track process so you have time to see if you can do it on your own or if you need the help of a revision surgery. DD was my EVERYTHING as well, so I feel you there. I have to remind myself everyday that I cannot have a large pumpkin cold brew with extra cream. Now, once a week, I go get a medium iced coffee, black and bring it home. I have a flavored sugar free syrup here. I use 2oz of protein milk and a 1/2 oz of syrup. Seeing as how I'm only 4 months out, I should probably stop even that. But, it keeps me happy lol
I think we still should be able to enjoy certain foods but in moderation of course.

Hello,
I am a 37 year old female. I had RNY done on 5/20/13. Man oh man it changed my life. I was going to the gym and kicking some serious butt, but now not so much.
About 3 years ago my husband suffered a work related injury. It caused him to have 2 shoulder surgeries. We lost our rental home or 8 years and I moved in with my mom. I became severely depressed. I was heavyily medicated by an incompetent NP that our office had to fire. I am currently on Wellbutrin 150mg twice a day, Xanax 3 times per day, lo loestrin FE for mood swings. Gabapentin 3 times a day, spiralatone - for water retention and my skin. And busbar 10 mg twice a day. And 200mcg of synthroid .I just had an endoscopy and I don’t know how big a normal pouch measures after rny surgery. It did say mine stretched. I also have a small hiatal hernia, and found out I have h pylori too! Fun times. I was not considering a revision. But my surgeon does them robotically. I’m so unsure what to do. I can wait months and see how it goes. Any advice would be great. No I do not eat like a slob. My downfall is DD. I’m a huge coffee drinker. Here are photos before, my thinnest, my goal weight, and now...

Hi - Welcome to the group!

All the stress can be unreal. Your love of DD isn't be bad thing. We all have things we love to eat/drink. It's about moderation.

Maybe this site will help - 5 Day Pouch Test from LivingAfterWLS - it's got some great information and recipes.

I truly wish you the best of luck!

Back