• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

My Roux-en-Y surgery is tomorrow... 2/2/12 !

Suzeq

Hi everyone. This is my first time to this site, there are so many forums going on about this surgery. I look forward to sharing and using any information I find here as I begin My New Life!

ongratulations. today is the beginning of a journey to eliminate the baggage we have compiled by the years of ou eating disorder,addiction,por eating habits,hunger,hunger,fast then feast. I have done it all hence my site name is feastorfamine. I had my RNY 11/03 and did well for 5 years. I was ina car accidents and became pretty sedentary and regained 50 lbs. I aam back on track now pursuing a 5 day pouch test. I am not hungry and am dedicated to stay away from all the carbs and desserts. there are so many recipes out there that we should be successful in our endeavor. when you finally read this you may be home. focus on everything you need to do and welcome to the site patti

Welcome!! good luck on your surgery!! I just had mine on 1/20. I feel awesome! I have had a few food issues but nothing major. the key is to stay positive!!!! let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it!!! Jenny

jenny. how are you feeling post op now.let me know. Be smarter than I was and remember that you have to follow this path for lifetime. I am just now getting back on track and have 50 lbs to lose. I am doing the 5 day pouch test and today is day 3. I had squashed hard boiled eggs-2 and it's 4:00 and I am still not hungry. Having a hard time getting the water done. 64 oz. is a lot of water.patti

Suzeq-Welcome to the forum. Make sure to come back and let all of us know how you are doing. This forum has a lot of great people so you won't have to go back to any of the other sites you have been visiting *LOL* My surgery is scheduled for 2/27 so I am very interested how you are doing.

I will be thinking about you tomorrow...you will do great! Don't be afraid to raise a little heck, it will make your stay more memorable

Patti, good luck with your pouch test! I too am having a problem with getting all my water and my protein down but I do the best I can! I see my surgeon tomorrow for my post op I am excited! I am just now doing soft foods I do well but I am not hungry so I find it hard to eat. I do not crave anything really so trying to make a meal for myself is fun!!! well again good luck I will chat soon!

Back