• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

My surgery is cancelled!!!!!

that's what I don't understand. They have no one in hospital with virus and th ey just expect it to get worse. Seems to me a good time to do it
They need all of the personal protective equipment equipment for the medical professionals. I know this is a major bummer. All elective surgerys across the nation have been requested to be cancelled to help out with the PPE shortage. Mine is scheduled for 4/21, but I doubt I will have it then.

They need all of the personal protective equipment equipment for the medical professionals. I know this is a major bummer. All elective surgerys across the nation have been requested to be cancelled to help out with the PPE shortage. Mine is scheduled for 4/21, but I doubt I will have it then.
I'm sorry to hear that you'll likely be postponed Desta, but sounds like you're taking it very well. Staying positive is going to get everyone through this.

I was scheduled for March 19. I got the call the night before that it was cancelled. (after the 2 week liquid diet!) Oh well, nothing to do but wait, pray, and maintain social distancing!
Your attitude is amazing, it would be easy for anyone to sink into a depression but sounds like you're dusting yourself off and looking ahead. Truly inspirational. :)

I was supposed to have surgery on April 15th and mine was cancelled last week. I was told it could be 2 to 3 months but I pray that is not true. Most others on this site are being told a few weeks. I know that started cancelling the surgeries around March 15th so it will be a while for all those to be rescheduled before me. Hang in there because it is all we can do. Good Luck.

Yes I needed to get off my pitty pot and get grateful for all I do have. I have a wonderful family and the most perfect little dog lulu.and the most handsome and loving cat nikki and amazing friends and my home my talent as an artist my health and most of the time my sanity I have so much to be grateful for! I have seen some remarkable acts of kindness by the people in my community. There are some real Angel's around here that have inspired me to help my neighbors and others in my area during this quarantine. And I have always known to help others is the best way to help yourself feel better.

Yes I needed to get off my pitty pot and get grateful for all I do have. I have a wonderful family and the most perfect little dog lulu.and the most handsome and loving cat nikki and amazing friends and my home my talent as an artist my health and most of the time my sanity I have so much to be grateful for! I have seen some remarkable acts of kindness by the people in my community. There are some real Angel's around here that have inspired me to help my neighbors and others in my area during this quarantine. And I have always known to help others is the best way to help yourself feel better.
Thank you for sharing this, being grateful is such a wonderful practice and it tends to be infectious. :)

Back