• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

My surgery

I had my surgery on Tuesday. I stayed in the hospital Tuesday and Thursday. I was very dehydrated after the cleanse. The had to poke around 4 times before they got a good stick. I'm usually not good at giving blood but dehydration made it worse. So please drink lots of water the day before surgery.
After surgery I didn't have any complications. I'm down to 2 pain pills a day. I'm walking good and can bend down to pick up things as long as there not all the way down to the floor. I'm drinking protein drinks without a problem. So far I have no dizziness or throwing up. I'm very lucky my roommate at the hospital had nausea and dizziness. She said she was on 14 different meds before surgery. She and I both think all those medicine is what caused the complications.
I'm so glad I had this surgery.

I had my surgery on Tuesday. I stayed in the hospital Tuesday and Thursday. I was very dehydrated after the cleanse. The had to poke around 4 times before they got a good stick. I'm usually not good at giving blood but dehydration made it worse. So please drink lots of water the day before surgery.
After surgery I didn't have any complications. I'm down to 2 pain pills a day. I'm walking good and can bend down to pick up things as long as there not all the way down to the floor. I'm drinking protein drinks without a problem. So far I have no dizziness or throwing up. I'm very lucky my roommate at the hospital had nausea and dizziness. She said she was on 14 different meds before surgery. She and I both think all those medicine is what caused the complications.
I'm so glad I had this surgery.
Glad that you are feeling decent !

Ok sensitive subject but I have to ask. I'm on my first week since surgery and when I go to the bathroom my pea is a brownish red color. Since I'm mostly a liquid diet what comes out the other end looks about the same with some hard black spots. Is this normal? I feel good. I'm not taking any pain pills anymore. I'm drinking a lot of flavored protein drinks. Should I be concerned about this?

Ok sensitive subject but I have to ask. I'm on my first week since surgery and when I go to the bathroom my pea is a brownish red color. Since I'm mostly a liquid diet what comes out the other end looks about the same with some hard black spots. Is this normal? I feel good. I'm not taking any pain pills anymore. I'm drinking a lot of flavored protein drinks. Should I be concerned about this?
Ugh, I would call my Dr if I were you, I'm thinking the pee thing should be questioned,

I went to the doctor today and I'm having an allergic reaction to the wrap brace. I just have to wear it over a shirt, but soon I won't need it anymore. He says the black spots are normal the first week. My first weight in after surgery was 315-293

Wow, that's great, and I'm glad you got the pee thing figured out, I wasn't really worried about the other problem you had because I heard it would happen, so happy it is not anything serious

Back