• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

My testimonial from having Weight Loss Surgery

Linney

Hello everyone!

I hope that this upcoming year will be filled with much success and new stories to tell as the journey begins, continues, or is changing. Wherever you are in your journey, please know you're never alone and there's so many people on this site here to assist, encourage, and motivate you! I would like to repost my testimonial for those of you who may not have seen it yet. I've succeeded with having weight loss surgery and lost a total of 200 pounds. I often post this testimonial to all of the newbies out there to offer support, encouragement, and hope for a better life! Please check it out! It's short and sweet, but the message is powerful!

Happy New Year!

Hello everyone!

I hope that this upcoming year will be filled with much success and new stories to tell as the journey begins, continues, or is changing. Wherever you are in your journey, please know you're never alone and there's so many people on this site here to assist, encourage, and motivate you! I would like to repost my testimonial for those of you who may not have seen it yet. I've succeeded with having weight loss surgery and lost a total of 200 pounds. I often post this testimonial to all of the newbies out there to offer support, encouragement, and hope for a better life! Please check it out! It's short and sweet, but the message is powerful!

Happy New Year!
Thank you... my surgery is scheduled for 3 weeks... I was scared.

Hello everyone!

Happy New Year!
Thank you for sharing, that is very amazing. I hope to start seeing the weight come off soon. I've been just a week yesterday since the surgery. Am anxious to see the weight come off, hope it starts soon. You should be very proud of yourself!

Thank you for sharing, that is very amazing. I hope to start seeing the weight come off soon. I've been just a week yesterday since the surgery. Am anxious to see the weight come off, hope it starts soon. You should be very proud of yourself!
Thank you for your kind words. Two weeks' prior to my procedure, I had lost 15 pounds from having three shakes per day and two protein bars. If you stay true to the program and follow EXACTLY to the letter what you should be eating for each phase of the journey, you should be successful. Moving is very important as well. If you live where it's cold, remember to walk, walk, and walk....protein intake, 1/2 later if you're ready, fluid intake. Be mindful of taking in the daily protein requirement recommended by your doctor. Also taking in your fluids as well and movement is key. Slow and steady wins this race. I was very strict on the amount of sugar (down the road), which would be approximately 3 grams tops. I read every label and also exercised. I still workout even more since I'm almost six years out and challenge myself to be fit, stronger, and healthier. I began my journey on a 900 calorie per day regimen. Now I'm at 1200 tops....You'll be successful by doing what you're supposed to do! Go for it!

Thank you for your kind words. Two weeks' prior to my procedure, I had lost 15 pounds from having three shakes per day and two protein bars. If you stay true to the program and follow EXACTLY to the letter what you should be eating for each phase of the journey, you should be successful. Moving is very important as well. If you live where it's cold, remember to walk, walk, and walk....protein intake, 1/2 later if you're ready, fluid intake. Be mindful of taking in the daily protein requirement recommended by your doctor. Also taking in your fluids as well and movement is key. Slow and steady wins this race. I was very strict on the amount of sugar (down the road), which would be approximately 3 grams tops. I read every label and also exercised. I still workout even more since I'm almost six years out and challenge myself to be fit, stronger, and healthier. I began my journey on a 900 calorie per day regimen. Now I'm at 1200 tops....You'll be successful by doing what you're supposed to do! Go for it!
Wow you just did so great, when did you notice the weight coming off? I've only got the pre-0p weight back off that they put on in the hospital. I think I'm following it to a tee, just have a hard time having meals like they want with some protein, juice and jello or something, it's hard to do that little bit than do the shakes to get the protein in plus all the water. I hope I don't mess it up. I make sometimes like cream of wheat with a cup of water and a scoop of protein and it takes forever to get that in, but they said they want three meals with 1/2 to 3/4 cup each. What is this going to hurt, Not quite understanding it all. But you, you have done awesome, do you mind if I ask have you had the loose skin? I don't want that either.

Wow you just did so great, when did you notice the weight coming off? I've only got the pre-0p weight back off that they put on in the hospital. I think I'm following it to a tee, just have a hard time having meals like they want with some protein, juice and jello or something, it's hard to do that little bit than do the shakes to get the protein in plus all the water. I hope I don't mess it up. I make sometimes like cream of wheat with a cup of water and a scoop of protein and it takes forever to get that in, but they said they want three meals with 1/2 to 3/4 cup each. What is this going to hurt, Not quite understanding it all. But you, you have done awesome, do you mind if I ask have you had the loose skin? I don't want that either.
I understand how you feel. It's hard to intake the protein, plus the water in our little pouch. When I mentioned if it's cold outside, I noticed I did not finish my thought.....Walk inside your home whenever possible.......time yourself. Walk for 15 minutes every 1/2 hour. Movement is good for you all the way around. Try to become accustomed to moving frequently. I promise you that if you move and eventually get into an exercise routine, you'll be hooked for life! I drank liquid ISOPURE which had I believe 40 grams of protein per bottle. Also the texture of ISOPURE is liquid water-like form. Easy to get down and you're taking in your protein. Your new pouch is delicate and needs to be treated as such. Some people end up in ICU due to rupturing their new stomach. Your pouch is very small and cannot take in a lot at once. This tool helps you to eat and learn to eat and drink much less. It will take time to get used to this new lifestyle, but in time and only time will you become accustomed and regimented into this new life. When I first began to go out to eat again, I still had the mindset that I could order what I used to and my family would say you cannot eat that.....your stomach is too small.....it's all about slowly changing your mindset. Measure out your portions, eat slowly, look at the clock and NEVER eat and drink at the same time. I didn't have too much loose skin since protein and exercise helps tremendously in addition to good genetics, and formally being very athletic prior to becoming obese. Muscle memory came into play. When people see me at the gym, they cannot believe I've lost 200 pounds and my arms are tight and toned. I'm middle aged, so with that being said I am satisfied with my body image. I hope this helps you! You have 70 pounds to make goal.!!!!!!

I understand how you feel. It's hard to intake the protein, plus the water in our little pouch. When I mentioned if it's cold outside, I noticed I did not finish my thought.....Walk inside your home whenever possible.......time yourself. Walk for 15 minutes every 1/2 hour. Movement is good for you all the way around. Try to become accustomed to moving frequently. I promise you that if you move and eventually get into an exercise routine, you'll be hooked for life! I drank liquid ISOPURE which had I believe 40 grams of protein per bottle. Also the texture of ISOPURE is liquid water-like form. Easy to get down and you're taking in your protein. Your new pouch is delicate and needs to be treated as such. Some people end up in ICU due to rupturing their new stomach. Your pouch is very small and cannot take in a lot at once. This tool helps you to eat and learn to eat and drink much less. It will take time to get used to this new lifestyle, but in time and only time will you become accustomed and regimented into this new life. When I first began to go out to eat again, I still had the mindset that I could order what I used to and my family would say you cannot eat that.....your stomach is too small.....it's all about slowly changing your mindset. Measure out your portions, eat slowly, look at the clock and NEVER eat and drink at the same time. I didn't have too much loose skin since protein and exercise helps tremendously in addition to good genetics, and formally being very athletic prior to becoming obese. Muscle memory came into play. When people see me at the gym, they cannot believe I've lost 200 pounds and my arms are tight and toned. I'm middle aged, so with that being said I am satisfied with my body image. I hope this helps you! You have 70 pounds to make goal.!!!!!!
Thank you for sharing all that with me. You have just done amazing, I am so happy for you. I'll just be glad when things get going a little more for me. Did you find you were tired? I'm having such a hard time with that, Just no energy, but I had two surgeries at the same time.

Thank you for sharing all that with me. You have just done amazing, I am so happy for you. I'll just be glad when things get going a little more for me. Did you find you were tired? I'm having such a hard time with that, Just no energy, but I had two surgeries at the same time.
I was not tired, it does take a while after any surgery to bounce back to feeling "normal" once again, but I would suggest to make sure you're taking your vitamins every day especially taking in your iron supplements for bariatric patients. If the fatigue persists, I would talk to your doctor about it. Some and I quote some people encounter not absorbing the vitamins they need. Exercise, water, and protein helps a lot! Stay on track, remain focused, and you're sure to win this race!!!!

I was not tired, it does take a while after any surgery to bounce back to feeling "normal" once again, but I would suggest to make sure you're taking your vitamins every day especially taking in your iron supplements for bariatric patients. If the fatigue persists, I would talk to your doctor about it. Some and I quote some people encounter not absorbing the vitamins they need. Exercise, water, and protein helps a lot! Stay on track, remain focused, and you're sure to win this race!!!!
Thank you, am trying, they haven't gotten me back on my vitamins yesterday until I see my doc on Monday. I wish I wasn't so tired, have a hard time staying awake.

Back