• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

My Weight Loss Journey

Kayleigh

I haven’t been on here much the past couple of weeks. I had a follow up appointment on September 20th and was moved to the next food plan. I can now eat just about anything I would like. I’ve been modifying recipes to make the bariatric friendly. I’ve also bought a couple magazines subscriptions from Amazon - Clean Eating and Eating Well. There’s a lot of really good recipes that are healthy.

I had bypass surgery on July 20th and have officially lost 53 pounds. My start weight was 238 and I’m 5ft 3 inches. I feel so much better and was taken off from high blood pressure medicine. I still have 52 pounds to go to get to my goal weight, but trying not to get overwhelmed with that number. It took 20 years to put the weight on so what’s a few more months.

This has been incredible and the best decision for me. It was rough in the beginning with complications and the purée and soft food plans, but worth it.

That is fantastic progress! Congrats! You are right not to get too focused on how fast you get through the next 50 lbs. It probably won't be nearly as fast, but you can get there. Like you said, your body gained weight over a long period of time, and if you throw on top of that that our bodies generally resist weight loss, it's amazing that we can make any progress at all! However, you seem to be doing well. Stay focused on building and maintaining those good habits and you will be successful!

Back