• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

nausea-18 days post op

There are a couple of anti-nausea prescription meds, but they're the same as over the counter. Ask your doctor. Make sure you specify that you might consider OTC meds. If you don't ask, it's pretty routine for a doctor to write a prescription, and you might not need it. One of the most commonly prescribed meds is Prilosec, in prescription strength. But OTC might work just as well. Talk to your doctor and nutritionist. They won't volunteer the information. Educate yourself and then weigh the risks.

It can take a second to get used to a new food stage. I personally only did the new stage for dinner. So when I hit puree, I stayed on liquid except for dinner. It does not seem like it but there's a big difference in the heaviness for your new, wounded tummy!

Definitely speak to your Dr. even if you don't want meds. Its best to keep them updated with everything, just in case.

Back