1. American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!
    Dismiss Notice

Nausea and Vomiting

Discussion in 'General Post-Op Chat' started by Carol L Barnett, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Carol L Barnett

Carol L Barnett New Member

Surgery Type:
    Gastric Bypass
    Surgery Date:
    10/03/2017
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I had gastric bypass on 10/03/2017. I have had severe nausea and sometimes vomiting every day since surgery no matter what I eat, drink. Every day will this ever end. I take zofran and reglan everyday. Nothing is helping. Am I alone. I also still have to wear my abdominal binder if I don't the nausea is worse. Help? Will this ever go away?

2. Pixx

Pixx Bariatric Guru

Surgery Type:
    Gastric Bypass
    Surgery Date:
    6-19-17
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    There is a possibility that you may have a stricture so I would contact your surgeon and let them know your having this issue. They should order for you to have another scope, and they can fix it at the same time which would solve the issue. If you do get the scope and they find that all is well, you may just be experiencing nausea as a side effect to the surgery. I didn't end up having a stricture, mine was just the side effect and not to discourage you in any way, but I had that issue for nearly 5 months. I am just now getting past the major stuff, I still have triggers with some foods, some smells, and sugar. I'm told the foods and smells may lessen over time, but that I might just have some foods I can never eat again. I was also told that since I'm a little more than 6 months out, the sugar thing was probably permanent. :( I hope things get better for you soon! Your doc's office should definitely be able to help you!

Kristopher and Tracy Lindenmuth like this.
  3. Kristopher

Kristopher Member

Surgery Type:
    Bypass
    Surgery Date:
    11/28/17
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Dealt with a stricture myself 3 weeks. Dr. couldn't even get the camera probe in my pouch. Really felt awful until it was fixed. Anyone having issues swallowing small pieces of food like chicken or tuna 8-10 days post op be sure and get checked. Had the whole nausea and vomiting thing too.