• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Nausea Since Gastric Sleeve?

Neecey

After gastric sleeve is nausea to be expected? After surgery? After 3 months? After 6 months? Forever?
I’m in the research mode and seriously considering surgery so am in the information gathering stage. I’ve read some posts that just scare me but also many posts that are so encouraging. But I hate nausea and at times the subsequent vomiting, although I’ve probably done the latter less than a dozen times in my 68 years. So I’m wondering if nausea is something you have to expect after bariatric surgery.

I've heard some people do have nausea after surgery but I didn't. I think maybe once or twice once I was on regular food I ate something that didn't sit well and wound up vomiting a small amount. I don't think this is something you need to worry about. And if you do get nausea, they can give you something for it.

After gastric sleeve is nausea to be expected? After surgery? After 3 months? After 6 months? Forever?
I’m in the research mode and seriously considering surgery so am in the information gathering stage. I’ve read some posts that just scare me but also many posts that are so encouraging. But I hate nausea and at times the subsequent vomiting, although I’ve probably done the latter less than a dozen times in my 68 years. So I’m wondering if nausea is something you have to expect after bariatric surgery.
The first four days, including two in the hospital, there was some bilious vomiting. It scared me because i thought I'd bust a stitch. But my body protected my incision and stitches.

I went to a social event in the first two weeks. I slept a lot and drank yummy childrens codeine.

the weight melted off and i felt great. I lost 35 pounds the first month. I drank a lot of broth and milk products.

A lot of people who have laparoscopic VSG feel completely fine within 3 days. I had major surgery with my RYGB, with a 7" vertical incision. I was out hiking within a month.

I believe the most painful thing about bariatric surgery is the fear of having it. Im more scared about going to the dentist!

Hi Neecey! I just had sleeve surgery on 1/11/21. I didn’t experience any vomiting or nauseousness. They did give me Zofran in the hospital and sent me home with a prescription for it but I never needed to take it. But I was glad that I had it for peace of mind anyway...

Back