• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Nausea

Did you have nausea after surgery?

• Yes, but it stopped.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. For a few days to weeks.

• Yes, but I suffered from it before the surgery.

• Total voters
i don't know why you have nausea, but i do know that you just had major surgery and your incisions, staples & stitches need time to heal. so if you're following the nutritionist's guidelines, you should have less and less nausea as you go along. I think 7 weeks sounds like too long to still have nausea, but everyone has a different post-op experience. and with this surgery, i wouldn't mess around. you should have a lot of follow-up appointments and if you have a chronic problem, you should immediately phone your surgeon's office. Don't treat yourself to make symptoms go away. tell the doc because anything that seems wrong could indicate a more serious problem. let the doctor do his/her work and make you feel better. and by the way, are you losing weight? is anything else going wrong?

i don't know why you have nausea, but i do know that you just had major surgery and your incisions, staples & stitches need time to heal. so if you're following the nutritionist's guidelines, you should have less and less nausea as you go along. I think 7 weeks sounds like too long to still have nausea, but everyone has a different post-op experience. and with this surgery, i wouldn't mess around. you should have a lot of follow-up appointments and if you have a chronic problem, you should immediately phone your surgeon's office. Don't treat yourself to make symptoms go away. tell the doc because anything that seems wrong could indicate a more serious problem. let the doctor do his/her work and make you feel better. and by the way, are you losing weight? is anything else going wrong?

My weight loss has been amazing. I have dropped 30 pounds since surgery. I take zofran everyday. My surgeons said could last up 3 months. I have no appetite and eat around 600 to 800 caleries daily. Eating makes me anxious so afraid of the nausea. Hoping other folks have had similar issues got better. And have some thoughts

My weight loss has been amazing. I have dropped 30 pounds since surgery. I take zofran everyday. My surgeons said could last up 3 months. I have no appetite and eat around 600 to 800 caleries daily. Eating makes me anxious so afraid of the nausea. Hoping other folks have had similar issues got better. And have some thoughts
Congratulations on your loss so far. :)

Back