• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Need a chewable or liquid multi-vitamin without IRON

Karen_golfs

When I was pregnant 30+ years ago, I couldn't take pre-natal vitamins with iron. I just bought a chewable with iron and took the first one today after breakfast. The old feelings surfaced and sure enough I can't tolerate the iron. I won't have any trouble eating iron rich foods but now I need the multivitamin. I am have a sleeve in December so I want to start this stuff now. Sure am glad I did - otherwise I would have felt badly and blamed it on the surgery. Any suggestions?

I picked up Opurity's Bypass and Sleeve Optimized chewable vitamins-90 per bottle so it lasts 3 months. (1 tablet daily) Only 30mg Iron in it. Your body does need some Iron. I didn't choose automatic shipping-I like to get things on my own. I don't like auto shipping. It is especially formulated for WLS patients.
They have it on the Unjury site. Nashua Nutrition also carries differant chewable vitamins that are especially made for WLS patients. Easily absorbed by the pouch. Check around. So far I have found the better vitamins like the one I have are online.

Carol

YOU will definitely need Iron and you will NOT be able to eat HIGH IRON foods for a while after your surgery. I would definitely tell your doctor about the Iron problem you have with taking it that is. It may be that you will need Iron infusions after your surgery until you get to eating real foods and even then, things like Liver are not easily digested so it will take longer before you are eating that. Absolutely tell your surgeon about your problem with Iron!!

Back