• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Need advice

Stephanie Withrow

I had my surgery jan 2016 so im only 4 months out but i feel defeated. I haven't taken my vitamins in months and its definitely showing. Im losing so much hair. I have a really bad bald spot. I know i should take them but i cant tolerate them. I cant do my protein shakes with just water either. It makes me so sick. Does anyone else have this problem?

I take my protein shakes with milk and lil decaf coffee. Yummy. You must take your vitamins. experiment with different brands and capsules chewable etc. Sometimes it takes a bit to find wat your body can handle. Never give up. The journey is so awesomely worth it. Good luck.

I had my surgery jan 2016 so im only 4 months out but i feel defeated. I haven't taken my vitamins in months and its definitely showing. Im losing so much hair. I have a really bad bald spot. I know i should take them but i cant tolerate them. I cant do my protein shakes with just water either. It makes me so sick. Does anyone else have this problem?

What vitamins are you trying to take? The best vitamins I have found are Bariatric Fusion. They are all chewable and yummy. They are specifically designed for gastric bypass and bariatric surgery patients and are complete. No need to take extra calcium! An extra biotin supplement will help with hair loss as well as protein. Remember, fat produces hormones, so some of the hair loss is due to hormonal changes as well as anesthesia from the surgery. Your hair will come back as your body adjusts. Biotin is definitely the key!

Back