• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Need help deciding which surgery to have

cmarroletti

Hi, my name is Chris, and everything is now complete that I needed done, before they can submit it to the insurance for approval. My Dr. Has recommended I have the biliopancreatic diversion, with the duodenal switch. I haven't heard a lot about this particular surgery, although I've researched it. If like to know if any one out there has had it, and how you are doing. Thank you for any feedback.

Hi, my name is Chris, and everything is now complete that I needed done, before they can submit it to the insurance for approval. My Dr. Has recommended I have the biliopancreatic diversion, with the duodenal switch. I haven't heard a lot about this particular surgery, although I've researched it. If like to know if any one out there has had it, and how you are doing. Thank you for any feedback.

Wow me neither.

Never heard about it at all; not as a WLS procedure.

The two most popular right now are the gastric bypass or the gastric sleeve.

I would have to learn about what you are talking about. I would also consider asking more questions about this procedure.

Ralph

Gold Standard Bariatric Surgeons / Dr.'s in the US will not do the BPD.

My surgeon had a woman come to him to have this surgery reversed due to MAJOR complications caused by the severe mal absorptive issues caused as a direct result of this particular procedure.
The person lost all of their hair, teeth, finger nails stopped growing, major skin issues, bone density issues, organ degeneration, neurological issues just to name a few of the issues amongst the minor side effects. Read up on the major issues caused as a direct result of surgical mal-absorptive induced problems.

I am assuming you found a surgeon out of country that will perform the procedure or an American Non Member / Non Gold Standard Bariatric / General Gastroenterology surgeon who will gladly perform the surgery..

Is your insurance gin to cover this procedure?

Gold Standard Bariatric Surgeons / Dr.'s in the US will not do the BPD.

My surgeon had a woman come to him to have this surgery reversed due to MAJOR complications caused by the severe mal absorptive issues caused as a direct result of this particular procedure.
The person lost all of their hair, teeth, finger nails stopped growing, major skin issues, bone density issues, organ degeneration, neurological issues just to name a few of the issues amongst the minor side effects. Read up on the major issues caused as a direct result of surgical mal-absorptive induced problems.

I am assuming you found a surgeon out of country that will perform the procedure or an American Non Member / Non Gold Standard Bariatric / General Gastroenterology surgeon who will gladly perform the surgery..

Is your insurance gin to cover this procedure?

Wow!

I looked it up too.

I have not heard of it before.

It sounds considerably more complicated than the gastric bypass.

I don't see why you would need anything more than the sleeve or the gastric bypass.

These are the ones being most often selected in the USA as Stinkerbelle states.

Best wishes.

I would stick with the either the gastric bypass and/or the sleeve. I chose the gastric bypass for its immediate results with controlling T2 diabetes. Time will tell if the sleeve does the same. There are lots of good reports with the sleeve.

We will see.

Ralph

Back