• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Need some tips

Tokash

I'm a little over 2 years out. The lowest I got was around 165-167. I am back up to 175-180 and I can not get it back off regardless if what I do. I am considering seeing if I can go back and do full bi pass mostly because of acid issues, but regardless I would like to get back down. It doesn't help every time I go to the doc I still get told I'm obese and it drives me insane.

How do I shake the 10 pounds back off?

Oh man. You know what I'm going to.say, right? Even though I KNOW you hate it lol
Tracking is the 2nd best tool in your arsenal. Think of WLS as being the drill. You still occasionally need to change the drill bit. Weigh/measure your food and track every bite before you eat it.

They tell us we don't have to count calories, and I don't as a general rule. BUT when I start putting on weight, I need to know an exact point to stop. You can use your recommended protein goal too. But, if you're not measuring your food and tracking it, you're guess- timating. No matter what we think, we are not grabbing an ounce every time. And no one can really remember every bite at the end of the day.

That being said, the majority of the time, you may be right. But if you're not where you want to be, those are the fastest way to get there. Track so you know exactly what you're taking in and lower that amount until you lose the 10.

Good luck!

I'm a little over 2 years out. The lowest I got was around 165-167. I am back up to 175-180 and I can not get it back off regardless if what I do. I am considering seeing if I can go back and do full bi pass mostly because of acid issues, but regardless I would like to get back down. It doesn't help every time I go to the doc I still get told I'm obese and it drives me insane.

How do I shake the 10 pounds back off?
Could you try a 5 day pouch reset to help jumpstart getting you back on track? I think there is an article below the "New Posts" section on how to do that safely & effectively. Good luck. You've already accomplished so much, and I know you can get this back under control. ❤❤

The trick...relaxe. once I stopped fighting it and worrying I dropped back to 170 which I can tolerate. It's much more in where I have been for awhile.

There is lots of factors that play into it. Work stress and poor work life balance are big. Its not a matter of over eating but it very well could be a matter of under eating. Throw in a side of wonky hormones and here we are.

Back