• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Needing friends

I have sent out probably 30 or 40 friend request and havent recieved but 1 back is this site still active or does nobody want to be my friend if so I will find another support group!!! :(

I have sent out probably 30 or 40 friend request and havent recieved but 1 back is this site still active or does nobody want to be my friend if so I will find another support group!!! :(

I'm so sorry Larry. I didn't see friend your request til I read this message. I would love to be your friend :eek:

It seems like a lot of the members are not as active the last couple of months, possibly because of warm weather people are outside more instead of on the computer. Please don't take it personal.

You also asked before about Yahoo messenger but I don't have it or use yahoo email. Sorry. I mainly use my Kindle tablet to go on this site. I bought a new desktop computer recently and am totally lost with Windows 8.1 it is totally different. :( I need to figure it out or get an older version of Windows.

Having bariatric surgery is very exciting and yet there is a fear of the unknown too. You do need support from those of us who have been through it. I am more than happy to share my experiences or help with any questions you might have.

Your friend, :)

Cheyenne

Larry,

What Cheyenne says is true.

So much going on this summer, I have neglected doing my 1/2 hour each day on the site.

I will be happy to be a friend.

More importantly, is when active we all do respond to posts.

Just haven't been active lately.

I will check in again at least once a day or two.

Hi Larry
I've officially added you as a friend. It looks like you have friends from coast to coast now. And these people are some of the finest you'll find on this and for that matter Any site.

I wish you a trouble free and successful journey. As you get closer to your surgery date you will probably experience a lot of apprehension, excitement, and anticipation, this is normal we are here to lend a hand and extend encouragement If it takes a couple of days to get a reply, don't despair, we are probably just busy loosing weight. You'll be too soon and that's a very good thing. You'll find as the weight drops off the energy soars and sometimes you'll be having too much fun loosing to be posting. My best advice is to have fun with your weight loss and don't sweat the small stuff. Always measure your body and don't worry about the scale. Eat well and be happy. Move more and have fun doing it.

Best wishes
Katie

Hi Larry, I'm new at this as I just had surgery on Sept. 30th..but glad to have a friend also. I really enjoy reading the threads they answer so many questions with great support. Looks like you are doing great! Have a wonderful day!!

Back