• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

nervous about my medical appt thurs

You are simply a wonderful, caring and loving human being.

I am proud to know you. I have seen many grandparents end up taking care of their children's special needs children.

Ralph

Thank you so much, Ralph for the kind words. :)

It's a small world. I, too, have a severely autistic grandson. He's 11, has no speech, and is still in diapers. How did you handle puberty? We are just starting with that.

I am very fortunate in that respect, we didnt really have problems at puberty other than school complained that Josh would put his hands on the teachers in a too familiar way but they straightened him out on that pretty fast. Josh is a very gentle boy. He is big.. 220 lb. but very sweet. His younger sister who is a normal kid but a hell raiser, used to be very mean to him and tease him, taking his games away and hitting him til he would scream and then he would push her, sending her flying across the room. She eventually went with her parents, and that was better for Josh although Josh talks about his siblings all the time and he does miss them. The first 8 or 9 yrs. Josh would just repeat words, I'd say "hi Josh" and he would say back " hi Josh" then all of a sudden he started answering me and he has gotten better at it as he has gotten older. He functions at about a 6 yr old level now.

nervous about appointment......

Hi, I will keep you in my thoughts on Thursday that all will be well.
jduffy

Back