• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Nervous and new

KEVIN J

Hello all, I just made the decision to do the sleeve over RNY. it was the hardest decision I have had to make through this whole process. Still have questions but I'm pretty confident in my decision. Anybody else feel the same? Can you explain? Thanks!!!!

Kevin

Hello all, I just made the decision to do the sleeve over RNY. it was the hardest decision I have had to make through this whole process. Still have questions but I'm pretty confident in my decision. Anybody else feel the same? Can you explain? Thanks!!!!

Kevin
I had sleeve on feb 7th of this year and i was very confident in my decision! I was not even nervous when they were prepping me for surgery! I had three friends who had the surgery (no sleevers) before me so i had alot of questions answered by them beforehand. I did not want anything to be reconnected just my personnal preference. My surgery took 2 hours and recovery went well. If you have any questions please feel free to message me. Good Luck, Heather

Thank you Heather. I met with my surgeon yesterday. I am very comfortable with my decision on the sleeve. My surgery got moved ahead to the 18th of April!!! I'll keep you informed and thanks again!!

Kevin

Hi Kevin, no matter what WLS you have chosen you have undoubtably though a long time about it and did not make the descision lightly. As far as I have heard the sleeve and RnY have similar weight loss successes but remember it is just a tool. I had the RnY but the sleeve wasn't an option for my insurance and I did not want the Band so the choice was easy for me. I know you will do fine. :cool: Tom

welcome tothe forum. we are all here to support each tother and this is a scary decision to make but the lternative is not promising.patti

Thank you Heather. I met with my surgeon yesterday. I am very comfortable with my decision on the sleeve. My surgery got moved ahead to the 18th of April!!! I'll keep you informed and thanks agaiin
so happy for you!! i'll be thinking of you, please message me if you want.
Heather

Hello Kevin,
I am new to this site, I had the sleeve on January 31st, it took me two years to finally commit. I went to the seminar saw my suregeon and ran from it for a year, then I went back and here I am, best decision I made.

Dana
hi how has your recovery been since your surgery? are you able to eat food now? haven't had my surgery yet, still waiting for my day. hope all is going well for you.
Donna

Hi Donna,

I spent the first 5 days after surgery in CICU due to a heart issue. Was not related to the surgery. After that issue cleared itself the rest has gone very smooth. I am able to eat food and have been for awhile, just very small portions. My Dr has me following the South Beach, protein first before I eat anything else, and protein with each meal or snack. I am never hungry, I have to remind myself to eat.

You are doing gastric? Any idea when your surgery is?

Dana my name is pattiand I want to welcome youto this site. everyoneis very helpful and if you don't have asupport group you will find us happy to share with you. I don't understand all of the computer lingo but I can put together a message..............patti

Back