• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Nervous for surgery today

Hello everyone! First of all I am so glad I found this forum. It is currently 12am 9/25 and my surgery is scheduled for today at 10:30am. I have been on the liquid diet for a week now and lost 40lbs already. I went from 440lbs to 400lbs. I have been fine with the thought of surgery ever since it was scheduled but since it is just hours away I am feeling all the anxiety and nervousness all at once. Just wanted to hear how everyone’s sleeve surgeries have been before and after.

Hello and welcome. I didn't have a sleeve so can't tell you how it went. My bypass went great. You also will be fine. Those hours before surgery are the hardest for sure. I was lying in pre-op thinking, I could just leave now. lol. So glad I didn't. I'm 3 months out and feel better than I have felt in DECADES! You owe it to yourself. Stay strong. You won't be sorry. Good luck today.

Hello everyone! First of all I am so glad I found this forum. It is currently 12am 9/25 and my surgery is scheduled for today at 10:30am. I have been on the liquid diet for a week now and lost 40lbs already. I went from 440lbs to 400lbs. I have been fine with the thought of surgery ever since it was scheduled but since it is just hours away I am feeling all the anxiety and nervousness all at once. Just wanted to hear how everyone’s sleeve surgeries have been before and after.
Glad you found the group and hopefully you're in recovery soon. Definitely keep us posted once you're feeling up to it. Congratulations!

Welcome you’re gonna be glad you did it 3173

Welcome John
I’m 8 days post op from bypass surgery and have lost 16 lbs and very excited about my future

Back