• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New and hopeful

Twilight

Hello! My name is Twilight (nickname) and I am 39.
I had gastric sleeve surgery on March 26th of this year and am very excited to develop a better quality of life so I can be a better mother and wife.
I have been permanently disabled since 2008 but didn't begin to gain large amounts of weight until about 2014.
At my heaviest I weighed 271 lbs and in January I had lost about 5 pounds that I was able to keep off but couldn't lose more. My weight was making simple tasks like walking to my mailbox nearly unbearable so after discussing my options and trying everything else in years prior I chose to make this change.
I am just starting my journey and there have been many things I wasn't prepared for so I am eager to learn from others and help too if I am able:)

Welcome to our page, we will be here for you, we all try to stay positive for each other. If you have any questions someone here has been through it and will help you on your journey

Thank you so much!
I am really curious if anyone else has the itching skin or if I am just weird but so far I think I have been doing ok.
I really appreciate your time and hope I can be helpful to others as well as receiving help.

Thank you so much!
I am really curious if anyone else has the itching skin or if I am just weird but so far I think I have been doing ok.
I really appreciate your time and hope I can be helpful to others as well as receiving help.
I had itching skin, I think it is from your skin giving in after being stretched for so long, not sure though, my itching went away for the most part

Welcome to the group. Itching skin is also a side effect from some of the meds they put you on after surgery. It can be a mild allergic reaction but would be noticeable 20-40 minutes after taking medication. I hope that isn't the issue for you! :)

Back