• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New and lost

Taat

Hello everyone I am 4 weeks post op and I was wondering when can I eat What else can I have besides soft food and soup? Can I have fruits vegetables and meat

It's up to your doctor but mine wants me to wait until 8 weeks before moving up to vegetables and harder meats. I can have soft meat like canned ham, canned chicken and lunch meat. I can have fish at this stage but no breading. He said I could have rotesserie chicken but my stomach disagreed. Start with one of these take just a couple of bites and wait half an hour to see how it goes. I had breaded shrimp from Panda Express it was so good but go slow. I'm at 8 weeks.

Hello everyone I am 4 weeks post op and I was wondering when can I eat What else can I have besides soft food and soup? Can I have fruits vegetables and meat
I to am 1 mth post op and now on a regular diet... But the doc did say cut things in small bites.. It could take a couple mths to be able to take a regular bite of meats and things....

It's up to your doctor but mine wants me to wait until 8 weeks before moving up to vegetables and harder meats. I can have soft meat like canned ham, canned chicken and lunch meat. I can have fish at this stage but no breading. He said I could have rotesserie chicken but my stomach disagreed. Start with one of these take just a couple of bites and wait half an hour to see how it goes. I had breaded shrimp from Panda Express it was so good but go slow. I'm at 8 weeks.
Thank you Anna. I will wait I think I'm just bored with the shakes and soups.

I to am 1 mth post op and now on a regular diet... But the doc did say cut things in small bites.. It could take a couple mths to be able to take a regular bite of meats and things....
Yesterday I had a small piece of a chicken breast and a sweet potato and I was fine. I had an iron stomach before the surgery and I guess now it is a smaller iron stomach because nothing comes up or makes me sick.

I can understand your wanting to move on in food. I agree with Anna to check with your doc. I wasn't able to move to regular foods until 7 weeks out and even now I eat very very small bites of meat. I did try to sneak in some hamburger before I was supposed to and I got very ill.

Back