• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New and Pre Op Just looking to see others experiances and gain insight

Greg

I'm Pre Op and have joined this site to look for information as to what to expect and gain insight as what to expect through out my journey. I have no specific questions at this time just introducing myself

My insurance just approved me for Gastric Bypass Surgery. I am now waiting to have the surgery scheduled. No questions just looking for insight on someone who had the surgery and their time of recovery as well as their Post-op experience.

My insurance just approved me for Gastric Bypass Surgery. I am now waiting to have the surgery scheduled. No questions just looking for insight on someone who had the surgery and their time of recovery as well as their Post-op experience.
My recovery wasn't to bad, I took three weeks off, probably could have gone back after two, but everyone is different. Not much pain afterwards, the pain meds did their job. I did have to spend an extra day in hospital cause I couldn't pee, I know TMI, but other than that, not to bad good luck

Hi Greg, welcome to the group. I am three weeks out from surgery. My only pain I have had was because of food I tried to eat and my stomach didn't like it. Learning what you can and can't eat is the only problem I am having. Each person is different. So good luck with your surgery!

Welcome Greg! I am scheduled for surgery Monday morning for the sleeve procedure. Wishing you luck on your journey!

Back