• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New and Scared!

ReneeAnn

Hi All!
Glad to have found you. No actual date yet..hoping for Dec. 2 more Dr. visits for pre-op... Reading about hunger and sssssssllllooooow weight loss is making me ask...so why do this surgery if its going to be no different than a regular diet?? I've been very enthusiastic until I started reading blogs and went to my first support group last night. Yikes!:confused:

Hi Reeann. Welcome to the group. Don't listen to the bad news as it will make you wonder if you are choosing the right thing. In my support group, I met a lady who lost 65 lbs in 10 weeks. Another one who lost 250 in a year. Finally, I met a lady who lost 100 lbs and has maintained for 3 yrs. you can do it if you stick 100% to Doctor orders.

Hello ReneeAnn, and welcome to the forum!! The bariatric surgery is a great tool in aiding in a large amount of weight loss. It is possible to lose weight with diet only, but the bariatric surgery is recommended for people that have tried diet after diet and are still unsuccessful. Yes, the weight does come off at a different pace for everyone, but the key is that it will come off. As long as you follow your Doctor's recommendations, you are sure to lose weight with the surgery. I hope you find the support and advice on our forum that you are looking for! Good luck Renee and please keep us all updated on your weight loss journey :)

Thanks for the responses! My Dr. said there was a "reset" that happens when you have the surgery...so then why are people talking about hunger??

Back