• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New - December 2023

Kris_B_Q

Good day! I'm new here. I have not had my surgery yet and don't have a date yet either. Our hospital has a 6 month process until you can get the surgery and I'm in the 5th month, so hopefully I'll have a surgery date soon. The doctor and I have landed on RNY (bypass) - I'm eagerly awaiting surgery. I've cut out caffeine, am working on my diet in preparation. I've yoyo'd my entire adult life, so I'm hoping this tool will do the trick!

I stumbled upon this site, hoping to get some good knowledge and information those that have had this done.

k

Good day! I'm new here. I have not had my surgery yet and don't have a date yet either. Our hospital has a 6 month process until you can get the surgery and I'm in the 5th month, so hopefully I'll have a surgery date soon. The doctor and I have landed on RNY (bypass) - I'm eagerly awaiting surgery. I've cut out caffeine, am working on my diet in preparation. I've yoyo'd my entire adult life, so I'm hoping this tool will do the trick!

I stumbled upon this site, hoping to get some good knowledge and information those that have had this done.

k
Welcome to the group, Kris. This place is a gold mine of information. Virtually any question you have has already been answered and archived. Use the search feature at the upper right and enter a word and you'll be inundated with posts from members who have already asked & answered.

I want to make a correction I always want to make but never do. It's not RNY; it's RYGB. The full terminology is Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass and it's very descriptive. I'll let you look it up if you're interested.

This tool WILL work, no matter how obsessive or disobedient or lackadaisical you've been in your life. Thousands of people have passed through here in my 17 years of membership and I have learned enough to write a half-dozen books on the topic. And the greatest thing about this group is that it covers topics you'll never read on the FDA site of the American Bariatric Society, very personal, very intimate. Make your commitment to follow the guidelines your surgeon and nutritionist will give you, and excavate the internet for more personal stories.

We also like you automatically, like a newfound sister or warm friend. I've never encountered a group like this one. If you ever notice I'm gone, it'll have to mean I've finally died! I love this group. And again, welcome. Jump right in and tell us all about you, ask questions, tell stories.... whatever comes to your mind.

Hi, Kris. Welcome to the group. I also had 6 months of pre-op requirements. I'm glad to hear you've taken that time to make adjustments to your diet. I think it makes it easier in the long run to have a few good habits already in place.

I am 3 years out, still under my goal (although about 10 lbs higher than my lowest weight.) Which honestly, I expected. I researched and researched. And I set my goals based on average stats. Some people never gain an ounce, but I have no reason to assume I'm not average lol

This surgery is going to change your life. Aside from the obvious health benefits, the increase in energy levels and confidence is amazing. I can do so many things I never thought I'd be able to do. I ride my bike for miles. I've been HIKING!! Like what!!? lol

In summary, you're going to love your new life. Follow all your doctors and nutritionist orders. They know what they're doing! Good luck!

Back