• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New here-1yr post op and ready to move the scale!

I suffered a much longer stall than that. I'd assume your body is reading a danger sign. It thinks you're starving so it's hanging on.

Try eating small frequent meals with short walks inbetween. You can go harder than that if you want, such as swimming at theY or actually doing calethsenics in the living room. If there's an item on the floor, bend over slowly and completely until you can rest your palm on the floor without bending your knees. Get flexible, and then find a walking group or some other group (advertise on some community publication or put up flyers on a bulletin board.

Unless you wallow in this and accept it as your failure and start believing you're a failure, you will get healthier in every way.

After 16 years, I have stayed within 15 pounds of my goal weight. When it's hiking season, look for me in the mountains. Stalling or continuing to lose weight is YOUR choice. Your body isn't doing it to you. Your mind is. Occupy yourself with writing affirmations, put a smile on your face, volunteer to work at a shelter or food bank or 2nd hand store. Take on a partner and share successes, fears and failures. A stall is really, literally, in your mind. If you're stalling, you're probably actually eating too much and moving too little.

Back