• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New here. Been 11 yrs since surgery

I had the roux-en y. I've had a twisted bowel. I've had ulcers. I now have hypoglycemia. My potassium drops. I have a hard time eating anything. Makes me sick. I now get really bad pain in my stomach that feels like I'm being twisted from the inside
Geez! What does your medical team have to say? With your history I'd sure want to know if your bowel is twisting again. I've heard of folks having hypoglycemia at different stages and I just don't remember what they were advised to do. You need a good going-over by your docs for sure.

I had the roux-en y. I've had a twisted bowel. I've had ulcers. I now have hypoglycemia. My potassium drops. I have a hard time eating anything. Makes me sick. I now get really bad pain in my stomach that feels like I'm being twisted from the inside
Hello!! I had same in 2012. I have had acid reflux and constipation issues. I really regret getting this procedure . I have had 2 endo and esophagitis each time. Stomach burns alot .. any advise ?

Did you have the sleeves or bypass? Many people who get the sleeve end up susceptible to acid reflux and have to be very careful about what they eat.

If you've had 2 endoscopies, I am assuming you have a gastroenterologist? If not, please get one. They can give you medication to control both the reflux and the constipation. I have had Barretts Esophagus (pre cancerous condition caused by acid reflux) for years and years (before I ever had bypass) and it is very well managed by medication.

It is important to track your foods and symptoms for a few weeks to figure out what triggers an attack. I know which foods/drinks give me reflux and limit or avoid them.

Again, please consult a gastroenterologist. They can help you so you don't have to suffer. I know its miserable and I'm sorry you're going through this. The right doctor can really help.

This is serious and my advice will be to get with doctors right away that is not normal. I know bypass can be reverse, with the sleeve the only know problem that I know is Acid reflux but that is why they asked before surgery, becuase bypass eliminate that. but if don't like in my case they said Sleeve is ok due to my low BMI, but whne they were performace the surgery they found a a had a hiatus hernia, which they fix and saw it in place, so far 3 weeks out of post suegery no acid relflux. I pray that you guys can find a doctor that knows what is doing, let's remember doctors are ike mechanic some good some other not so good or they are so much pressure to produce, they forgot why they choose to be doctors.

Last edited:
Back