• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New here! Hello!

TonjaCW

Hi! My name is Tonja! I am new to all this. I do not have my date yet. I do have a few steps still to go through. Looking forward to getting through the steps and getting a date for surgery.

Any suggestions, ideas, inspirational quotes?

YOU'RE at the very best place in the world for learning about surgery outcomes. But don't expect your results to be identical. My "inspirational" advice is that I've been here for about 15 or 16 years and this group has been such a help to me. Search through the archives by topic for any answers you seek.

The other thing I think is that back when I had surgery, it's was a major surgery that left me with a 7" vertical scar. Thanks to laparoscopy, you might get a wee incision or two because the instruments have to get through to your organs, but many people here have gone back to work in a day or two, uncomfortable but not bedridden.

Wait til you see the weight start to melt off! And make sure you study nutrition, both at the federal government sites and among the postings here. Even though WLS is in its infancy on one hand, it's been perfecting every month. It's awesome, and really, the only think you really need to do is re-learn how to eat. You may need some emotional health from a therapist, but if you COMMIT to it, you will succeed.
Welcome, Tonja!

I still drink caffeine in the form of one cup of coffee per day. Remember, there are rules and then there are recommendations, but every body responds differently. I feel I need the caffeine to keep the cravings at bay, and I'm not a crazy caffeine drinker. One good cup of coffee sets my day up for success.

Hi Tonja, I had sleeve surgery in January. I gave up coffee for about a week, but then began drinking caffeinated coffee in small quantities, and haven't had any problems. I don't drink soda and rarely have. Good luck with your prep work. I would also advise reducing your carbs intake.

Hi! My name is Tonja! I am new to all this. I do not have my date yet. I do have a few steps still to go through. Looking forward to getting through the steps and getting a date for surgery.

Any suggestions, ideas, inspirational quotes?
I'd love to chat sometime, I'm new to this process but I'd like to share what I can

Back