• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New here, new me!!

Kristen1914

Hi! My name is Kristen! I had gastric bypass done on 5/22/15. I'm currently 6 weeks post op and have lost 40lbs. This has been a real struggle for me so I'm hoping to meet some new people and share experiences!

Hi! My name is Kristen! I had gastric bypass done on 5/22/15. I'm currently 6 weeks post op and have lost 40lbs. This has been a real struggle for me so I'm hoping to meet some new people and share experiences!

WELCOME to the Forum, Kristen!!!

Congratulations on losing 40lb :) You are doing WONDERFUL!!!

My gastric bypass surgery saved my life. I had numerous health problems, sleep apnea, pulmonary embolism from pneumonia, terrible breathing problems, I was on oxygen all the time. I could hardly walk to the bathroom and back to bed. I was so heavy I couldn't exercise so my weight kept creeping up higher and higher. I really felt like I was going to die. I needed a hysterectomy but felt I wouldn't live through the surgery. Now 2 yrs post surgery I am a new person, healthier and feeling better than I have felt in years! A few months after my bariatric surgery I didn't need my oxygen anymore. I could breath fine when I slept so I didn't need my bypass machine either. As I lost weight I could walk and climb stairs easier and walk in Walmart and I could easily fit in chairs at the doctors office without worry that I wouldn't fit! I feel like a regular person now! Life is really great! The only real problem I had with my surgery was my gallbladder which I had to have removed. Losing weight so quickly will kill your gallbladder but it was worth it and I would do it over in a minute!

Good luck and enjoy your journey to a new and healthier life!!!!

Cheyenne :cool:

Wow you are doing great. 6 wks and 40lbs. I bet you are feeling better and finding that you are able to do more each day. I went to the beach today and didn't feel like I had to put the towel on top of me when people approached Keep up the good work

Back