• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New Here Nice to meet everyone

Nicki

Hello, my name is Nicki
surgery was on 9/23/20
highest weight 345 in 2018
pre surgery weight 321 on 09/23/20
Current weight 277 11/15/20

I am now 52 days post op and I am having 2 Pure Protein shakes a day to total 60grams of Protein, then for dinner I have a small amount of chicken, turkey, beef or pork and some cottage cheese I usually finish half over 45 mins to 1 hour and take a break and if I feel hungry later in the evening I will take a bite or 2 off the plate no snacking throughout the day. I have been doing some walking I take 3-4 10 min walks throughout the day and when I am sitting I have started some arm exercises with 3 lbs. dumb bells, I have joined some Bariatric weight loss support groups. I am looking forward to my next post op appointment on 11/23, At this stage I will be able to start adding fruits and veggies, I have found some amazing recipes and videos I want to make some for our thanksgiving meal. no one needs to know what "type" of recipe just it is a new recipe! I have tried some of these recipes with the one meal a day i have and my 10-year-old daughter and Husband tell me what they think and what they like and do not like. I am looking forward to a healthier life. I also look forward to learning so much from everyone in this community

Last edited:
Hi Nicki -welcome to the group!! You're definitely headed in the right direction - keep up the AMAZING work!

I've been tweaking recipes for YEARS. Some I tell people - some I don't. I've actually had a sister-in-law who was told after she ate it AND asked to take some home - that she noticed a "funky flavor". I'm as blunt as a butter knife - my husband looked at me and he was bracing for impact - I said - "Yeah - no doubt about your mouths funky flavor - your ass has to be jealous of all the shit that comes out of your pie eating hole." Yes - I tweaked a pie recipe :p

The healthier life is an awesome thing!

Back