• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New here quick question

Cam

Hi everyone, I just finished all my pre-op things and waiting to hear from Dr. Looking ahead for pre-op protein shakes and which taste the best. here's my choices, Slimfast High Protein powder, myoplex lite, or Ensure active high protein. Thansks in advance!

Hi everyone, I just finished all my pre-op things and waiting to hear from Dr. Looking ahead for pre-op protein shakes and which taste the best. here's my choices, Slimfast High Protein powder, myoplex lite, or Ensure active high protein. Thansks in advance!

WELCOME to the Forum, Cam!!!

I was told by my surgeon and nutritionist not to drink Slimfast or Ensure as a protein shake for my weight loss surgery. They said they were not nutritionally complete enough. I have never heard of multiplex lite. They have excellent whey protein shakes for bodybuilders at Walmart that are reasonably priced and taste great and have the correct nutrition.

Good Luck!

Cheyenne:cool:

I was told that the slim fast liquid shakes with 20 G protein was ok and I like the flavor

I didn't think of this before but I had my bariatric surgery June 2013 and Slim Fast and Ensure may have changed since I had my surgery.

Had my bundle appointment it was just blood work,, chest xray ,,,ultra sound of the kidneys,physical thryph (PT),according the hospital scale i lost a 1lb...My said 4 lbs...
Next Friday I have counseling and Nutrition....
Hope everyone has a good weekend
Nancy;)

Welcome to the forum.

Follow your surgeon's teams guidance.

In the beginning be very precise.

Find a protein shake that you like. I still use Premier Protein shakes both vanilla and chocolate.

I also use grape Isopure. However, many people do not like Isopure. it is quite personal.

There are many products out there.

Best wishes,

Ralph

Thanks I'm going to try the myoplex. the slim fast and ensure weren't the same otc and must have changed. Im so excited

I like Premier chocolate the best. Tried Isopure, loved it before surgery, after surgery couldn't drink any!!!!!!!!!! Be careful not to buy too much before surgery, your taste might change. To my water during the day I add Protediet flavors, I buy them on Dietshopz.com they are 60 calories and 15 grams of Protein. You're drinking water anyway, so why not?
good luck!

I have found that I like the fusion powders especially the strawberry shortcake one I tryed the UNJURY packets there's no difference with the both...
I have another appointment Tuesday,I'm not sure if this is the last one..I have moved my wii fit exercise workout up2 time's a day and a walk now the weather is getting nicer..This Sunday is going to be the big test of well power Im going to my sister's birthday celebration which they put a good spread of food,,any suggestion on what I shoud do.
Cardio
Bahavior class
then the nurse..

Back